A letter from the founders, what to expect in 2023

You have to pay to use more than one device. Everybody is doing it, there’s no free lunch anymore :smile:

This month, I noticed my cameras were recording on a 5-minute Cool down, if detecting at all. Now, after updating, I can no longer get anything under a 5-minute cool down and no person detection. Last year, I was basically forced to sign up for Cam Plus Lite after my cameras stopped working. Option to pay was nice, I supported. I paid. My cameras worked as usual. Person detection, 12 second recording, 1-5 minute Cool down time. I’m happy with that.
These are key benefits that I’ve been paying for through Cam Plus Lite for over a year and now they’re being held hostage for more money? I’m surprised more people aren’t complaining about this. As customers, we agreed on a price for a provided service, we paid for that service, now shouldn’t we receive the services we pay for? Charging for features that used to be free, then up-charging that charge again, for the same features that were originally free, frustrates me as a customer. I get cost go up, profits need to be made, but try adding value to your product to incentivize us to upgrade, not deduct from what we currently have and are currently paying for, only to charge more for that same feature/product.

Wow, I hadn’t even noticed til now that cam plus went from substantially cheaper than nest aware to almost twice as much as nest aware… What complete garbage. I feel like this company doesn’t have a financial advisor.

There was never such a thing as 1-5 minute cooldown. It has always been 5 minute cooldown and 12 seconds recordings in-between, period.

What you say is accurate for most of the wired cams without cam plus.

Some battery cams like the Wyze Cam Outdoor models (and video doorbells) have allowed a more flexible cooldown period less than 5 minutes even without cam plus (WCO has options for 1min, 3min, or 5min). So sometimes people are talking about those when they discuss a 1-minute or 3-minute cooldown.

2 Likes

I have had my Wyze cameras for over 3 years, I know the settings I had. I have 1 Doorbell, 2 indoor V1/V2, and 3 Outdoor cams. I’ve included screenshots of my settings (where 1-minute cooldown is STILL an option), and selected. Yet does not work anymore.
**edit could only add one image

Doorbell 1-minute cooldown

Indoor Camera settings with 1-minute cooldown

To clarify for other readers to not be confused and think other wired indoor cameras (ie: Cam V1, V2, etc) can reduce their cooldown, the above camera is still technically a model: “Wyze Cam Outdoor,” which is okay to use indoors for anyone who wants to (I have also used mine indoors), but since most people call this an “outdoor” cam (and indoor cams are usually the Wired V1 and V2 cams which are not IP65 rated), I wanted to make sure it was clear that this is a battery operated outdoor camera being used indoors. Those can change their cooldown to 1 minute, your wired V1, V2, V3, OG and Pan cameras do not have that same option. You can get a battery operated outdoor cam and use that indoors to get events more often with a smaller cooldown as low as 1 minute instead of 5 minutes though. It is a great workaround. Just keep in mind that they will not do continuous recording to an SD card like most of the other wired-power cameras do (excluding doorbells), so it is a trade-off, but worth consideration depending on your usecase.

1 Like

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is an indoor camera being used indoors. And yes, it has a 1-minute cooldown option

And yet another indoor camera, used indoors. I know what I have. I know what settings I was paying for. And I know what settings I no longer have.

That is a Wyze Cam V3 (technically an outdoor rated camera which can also be used indoors), but it should not have a 1 minute cooldown option. If somehow it ever did, that is a big glitch/bug. It’s always been intended to have a 5 minute cooldown unless a person subscribed to Cam Plus.

None of the screenshots above were for Wyze cam V3 settings though, including the one you labeled as an “Indoor Cam”…you can tell because there is an option which says you can toggle it to “Back up to Base Station” which is only available on the Wyze Cam Outdoor battery operated cams, which are the only ones that have a base station at this time.

So, I just assumed you made a mistake or that there is a misunderstanding, because Wyze Cam V3 settings look entirely different on the Event Recording screen. They look like this instead:

There has never intentionally been an active/functional cooldown option for a Wired-Power Wyze Cam V3 ie: the camera that looks like this:

If you ever had a cooldown option for a V3, and especially if the alterable cooldown ever worked for the V3, it was/is almost absolutely a bug, and that is a very cool bug actually. I can totally see why you would be missing it. If you ever figure out how to reproduce that, let us know. There are tons of people who have been asking for years to have that as option on these V3 cams, but Wyze has never [purposely] enabled such an option. Maybe you got lucky and were in some kind of temporary A/B testing they tried to see if it was feasible to allow to everyone else, and was decided it was not sustainable. I just know it is not something that has ever been made a public option and if it existed, it was mostly likely an isolated unintended glitch. I’ll keep my eye out for anyone else reporting that, but nobody has ever reported or shown that with a V3 cam yet before this, and the above screenshot was also for a WCO cam that connects to the Base station.

1 Like

Well call mom has a customer and has one who watches the decisions that are made by this company I see this as just another nail in their coffin

Dictation doesn’t always work well it always seems to put call mom in when I ask for a ,

Cool Down, Double Down I had enough with Wyze, how about a Foot Massager next? Been switching out with Ring and should be finish next week.

I am a new user and I must say “I’m impressed so far”! Thank you for making a product that is simple to use. The only thing I would suggest is to somehow make a base station that has a stronger signal for the Outdoor cam. I am unable to place a camera in the back yard to monitor my blue bird house. :frowning: Other than that the cam in the front yard is great! Thanks again guys!!

4 Likes

You will learn the hard way with Wyze products. Enjoy what works for you.

I will?

Don’t mind him. I’ve had an overall positive experience with Wyze. I have quite a few cameras and some of their other products and rarely have any issues. Plus, there are a lot of wonderful people in these forums and on Wyze’s discord server that can help with troubleshooting if you ever do encounter a problem.

7 Likes

The statement made referring to learning the hard way with Wyze is very true there are exceptions to the rule people who have managed to obtain and maintain working wise products and there are many more that I’ve had total frustration lack of support and a total lack of it seems, caring I know that’s not true either I believe that the company does care I just sent they don’t quite understand how the prioritization of their product should work

That in mind I say their product is reasonably priced that goes without argument. Their product support however is the area That seems to have the most complaints I have a number of bricked cameras and sensors that I am going to package up and send back to Wyze and ask them what are they gonna do about this these are cameras that were you know six months three months maybe even up to one year in age I may just quit with a firmware update or a software change they no longer function you get this study yellow light or something anyway they quit the function so there’s another 30 bucks sitting in the trash basically.

I think that’s the thing that excuse my French pisses people off the most is when they have a problem and they follow the directions on the website for troubleshooting or contacting Support or submitting a request for help It’s very inconsistent that should not be after sales support is a primary way of generating more sales or losing customers depending on how the company reacts well, that’s enough for this post I’m sure my friend Carver will Paippin and Cohiba Joe I appreciate your honesty

1 Like