5-6 minute delay in recording motion on Wyze Pan Cam

I have a Pan Cam. I want to be able to set the camera so that I am recording continuously with events being tagged. It was my understanding that this is possible; however, I find that there is a 5-6 minute break between detected motion. Is is possible to record continuously, tag events (motion) without the 5-6 minute delay? If so, can I please be given the exact settings to accomplish this? Thanks!

No, it’s not possible. There is a 5 minute timeout for each event type (motion/sound/smoke/CO) after one is recorded. This is what lets Wyze provide the cloud storage for free.

You can vote for Wyze to provide paid subscription to reduce or eliminate the timeout here:

Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top.

By the way, the soon-to-be-shipping Wyze Sense sensors allow you to trigger video clips based on them without the timeout.

Thanks for the response. I had previously read the response from Wyze that you sent to me. The reason I thought it might be possible was the following statement from them which says “(using a microSD card for local storage bypasses these recording limitations)”. I use a microSD card and still have the same restrictions.

@jrwhitmire, Thanks for clarifying. The problem is that you’re looking for the SD card recording in the Events tab where you find the cloud clips.

The 12-second cloud stored clips and the SD card storage are separate and independent. They are set up and viewed in different areas of the app.

For the SD card storage, go to the camera settings, then Advanced Settings > Local Storage. That is where you set the SD card to record continuously or event-only (1 minute segments).

To view the SD card recordings, don’t tap the Events tab in the app. That is only for the cloud clips. Instead, tap the View Playback button on the live stream view. How you’ll see a timeline under thevideo frame so you can go back in time. You can also remove the card from the camera and view or download the 1-minute video files on a computer.

Here are some help pages from the Support site:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022669931-Event-Recordings-Push-Notifications

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022500271-MicroSD-Card-Playback-and-Time-Lapse

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll try your suggestion.

1 Like

FYI, your “fix” fixed my issue. Thank you so much!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Very glad to hear that helped.

1 Like