2nd V3 camera won't connect to router

I just bought three v3 cameras and 'm trying to set up the second camera. Setup gets all the way through the qr code scan but then wont connect to wifi and gives error to reboot router … but the router, my computers wifi and other camera one are working fine.

Whats wrong?

What does the camera say when it fails to connect?

i bought three v3 cameras 2 days ago and just received them and purchase 3 cam+ camera licenses for the upgrade.

cam 1 installed and worked fine. neither cams 2 or 3 will connect to wifi. setup successful all way to qr code scan and password but then times out trying to connect to wifi … error msg is wont connect, reboot router or retype password. i did all that many times, still the same.

i called wyse tech support for about 45 mins. we rebooted router, did a camera reboot, went through setup procedures about 7 times and each time cams 2 and 3 both fail to connect after qr code/password part of set up. same error msg … reboot router or retype password.

tech guy thinks theres something wrong with cams 2 and 3. so i replaced working cam 1 with cam 2 and cam 2 wont work in cam 1 place, same problem.

after 45 mins tech says hes sending 2 v3 replacements.

then i put cam 1 back where it was and now it wont go online either. i have 3 computers and 2 phones working ok on wifi so i know its not my wifi or router.

i got about 6 hours into trying to get these cameras to work.

gary smith

You may have an issue with 2.4 vs 5ghz networks. If you router has the same ssid for both, the cameras may be having issues connecting to the correct frequency on the router. Try disabling the 5ghz radio, if you can, and then try to add the cameras.

1 Like

i dont understand most of what you explained.

i bought three v3 cameras and received them 3 days ago. i only got cam 1 working. cam 2 and 3 in another room wouldnt connect to wifi. i swapped cam 1 and put cam 2 there to test it there. cam 2 didnt connect to wifi. then when i put cam 1 back and it wouldnt connect to wifi again either.

i was on the phone with tech support for 45 mins and he said he thought it was the cameras and was sending replacements but it didnt make any sense to me.

i think its a technical / software thing. i had about 10 hours trying to figure it out and i was going to have to wait a week for the replacement cameras so i put in for a return/refund and the 3 cameras got mailed back today.

gs

i just got an email that one replacement camera just shipped.

they told me to just dispose of the old one.
i tried to tell them to cancel it.

what should i do with it when it gets here?

gs

heres the replacement info…

order 017629671

Shipped By Tracking Number
FedEx SmartPost and SP Lightweight: [Mod Edit]

Order Shipment Address

[Mod Edit]

Items Qty Price

Wyze Cam v3 Warranty Replacement Unit

SKU: WYZEC3-WR

1    $0.00

Subtotal $0.00
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Tax $0.00
Grand Total $0.00

[Mod Edit]: Personal information removed for your privacy and security.

I have no idea what to tell you to do about the replacement. I’m not a Wyze employee. Probably need to contact support.

What kind of Router do you have.??

What kind of Internet speed do you have?

router is a linksys. i dont use a password on it.

not sure of the speed but never a problem viewing or downloading large files or videos.

g

I’m pretty sure you can’t connect a Wyze camera to a network that doesn’t have a password. Haven’t heard of anyone trying this for ages.

i bought three v3 cams. cam 1 connected to wifi fine. cams 2 and 3 wouldnt connect to wifi. plugged in cam 2 to where cam 1 was and it didnt wouldnt connect to wifi. put cam 1 back and it wouldnt connect to wifi again either.

had 10 hours on this. spent 45 mins on the phone with wyze tech support. he was replacing 1 cam but didnt make sense to me what that was going to accomplish so i decided to return them for refund.

gs

Newshound   Forum Maven   

April 2

uyl414:
router is a linksys. i dont use a password on it

I’m pretty sure you can’t connect a Wyze camera to a network that doesn’t have a password. Haven’t heard of anyone trying this for ages.

1 Like

Connection failed. Cameras were working, but i reset my modem. Now the cameras wont connect

This might just be me, but what I usually do with multiple cameras, I set them up on my desk in my office two feet away from the router. This procedure ensures that the cameras work. Once I take them out of the office and mount them to their intended location, if the cameras fail to connect, I know it is my network.

1 Like

When you reset your modem, did you change the SSID and password? If you did, you have to go back and change to whatever it was before so the cameras can recognize the network.

Thx, but didnt change ssid or password.

Reboot everything. It might work.