24/7 Professional Monitoring Meets Your Wyze Home - 12/8/20

I’ll share this with the team!

2 Likes

I also loved the small size, but I have other brands of temp/humidity sensors running on AAA batteries going on 2 years without a battery change. It also opens up additional range when you don’t have to ration power from a CR2032.

6 Likes

I modified the V! contact sensor on my mailbox to run on 2 AA batteries. I did it mainly because when it get’s down to Zero degrees in the winter, it would often kill the lithium button battery. Would look ugly in the house on a door, but it’s hidden on the mailbox.

5 Likes

Ordered and excited!

4 Likes

Good idea! Surprisingly the motion sensor in my mailbox is the only one I’ve never had to change the battery, even in the winter.

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen Will the V2 sensors be compatible with Alexa?

1 Like

I am pretty sure they will be but can’t find an area I can link to show it

1 Like

This system, the price and how it works with other devices - looks pretty amazing :star_struck:

But but…

Although we don’t support cellular backup, the Sense Hub has a battery backup in the case of a power outage. If your internet connection drops, Wyze Home Monitoring Service will still work locally.

If there is a power outage it also means there is no internet. Even thought it will continue to work locally, how will it notify professional monitoring? I think this is a big drawback.

1 Like

Yes, the sensors are compatible with Alexa like the v1 sensors are. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll share this feedback with the team!

2 Likes

I haven’t seen additional sirens. I know the cam v3 have sirens but i need a regular remote siren

Does this have a built in chime when doors/windows open? If so, what makes the noise (the base? the keypad?)

2 Likes

I do like that Alexa can be triggered with Open or Closed status on the sensors, but am frustrated it can’t be triggered based on Is Left Open for X amount of time…I would love for when the front or back door is left open for 1 minute that Alexa would announce “The Front Door was Left open”…instead I had to program a macro on Tasker on a local device to watch Wyze notifications for this notice and then push an audio broadcast through Google Assistant when this happens.

Anything Wyze can do to add the “Is Left Open” trigger to Alexa? At least we can do it in the Wyze app to send a notification on our phone…but it would be nice if we could make Alexa announce it too. I have a 13 year old who frequently forgets to close the doors behind her :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We don’t have additional sirens at this time but I shared your interest with the team.

5 Likes

This is a really cool package, just I don’t think it’s for me right now because of the different users / people at the house… since Wyze doesn’t have geofencing and per user app access integration features, the service will have alot of false alarms. Look forward to seeing this feature set that has been long requested by customers built out first before subscribing.

That said I’m very interested in the V2 sense contact sensors and temperature and wet sensors mentioned, I would love to buy these separately without the monitoring / security service.

3 Likes

Until there is role sharing could my wife sign in and use my Wyze account or are there issues with having two simultaneous Android Wyze apps running for the same account?

Any issues with this solution beyond Home Monitoring such as with general Wyze functionality? For example we own multiple cameras, a scale, one pair of headphones, and have the sprinkler and robot vac on preorder.

1 Like

Power outages do not necessarily mean no internet.

I have both my modem and router on a UPS (battery backup) so Wyze’s implementation is the most cost effective one.

The question is what price you are willing to pay for a cellular backup in the event that a criminal cuts the cable/phone/electrical lines or that power is out for an extended period of time (> 1hr) such that the UPS dies. This will come at some monthly cost (likely over $5/mo).

3 Likes

Not yet but we’re working toward it! The sound will come out of the Hub. Though there is an alarm if the system is armed and a entry sensor is opened.

5 Likes

Can someone check how much shipping was for them? My order was well over $100, so I assume mine was free because of that. How much was shipping for anyone just buying the unit or unit with a few other things under $100?

Yes, it would probably cost more and also take more time to build/implement. Besides a power outage, just the internet can also go out. I’m not as concerned a criminal cutting wires. A power outage or internet going down is a lot more common scenario.