24/7 Professional Monitoring Meets Your Wyze Home - 12/8/20

For me it came out to 8.99 for shipping.

2 Likes

i already have a monitored security system, so i don’t need this. But I would like to know if the new wyze sense part of it will be sold separately.

1 Like

Hub an all sensors will be at a later date.

2 Likes

My $200ish order with only add-ons for the security system is saying $24 shipping. Not sure why but not gonna order for now.

2 Likes

I placed my pre-order, then thought I should go back and add another keypad and a three pack of sensors. It won’t let me add those without adding a plan, which I ordered in a separate order. This is messed up, I just want to add the three pack and another keypad to my first order.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen I have a question about this service, if I wait for Canadian shipping will this service work in Canada since its built with noonlight, or is this home security monitoring going to be US only?

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen any way to add these on after I’ve already ordered the service and core kit?

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen
Pumped for this! Will there be any automatic arming capabilities based on presence and/or time of day?

As a last resort you could probably cancel and reorder

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen : You said that the V1 sensors will be compatible with the V2 Hub.

Will the reverse be true?
Will the V2 sensors would be compatible with the V1 bridge?

I know this clearly and obviously would NOT supported by HMS, but there are some of us that are simply looking for a replacement of v1 sensors, and not wanting to change out the existing bridge for the hub.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Wish Wyze had released this ~1/2 year earlier. Ended up putting in a Kangaroo solution. This Wyze offering could be better in a couple areas. Things I currently have that doesn’t look like Wyze can do (yet?):

1. multiple hubs… that gives me alerts/alarms in master bedroom and concurrently elsewhere in house (vs trying to put one somewhere where it can be hopefully be heard thru whole house / thru closed doors)
  2. same multi placement and integration w/ doorbell/cam solution so door rings can be clearly heard no matter where in house/yard/garage we are
  3. multi doorbell/cam with custom chime to audibly tell if it’s the front, side or back door
  4. individual user security code
  5. hardware key fob (great for neighbor when on travel and neighbor needs access or guests w/o having to add/remove codes)
  6. alerts for service interruption (eg Internet service outtage) and resumption
  7. home vs away alarm mode
  8. didn’t see any mention of alexa or google home compatibility?

Looks promising… maybe enough for me to white elephant gift the current hardware. But that probably only will be after the current 1 year (prepaid) monitoring plan with Kangaroo ends. :-/

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen
are there any plans to add smoke and carbon monoxide detectors?

4 Likes

Will the new motion and sensors control wyze bulbs and outlets, turning them on/off like V1?

1 Like

Never mind…found this one line in the description: “In-app arming panel”

I don’t see any specific mention of it anywhere, can you arm/disarm the system from your phone?

1 Like

Yes, the FAQ’s mention you can set rules with the sensors, which automatically means they can control bulbs and outlets. I plan to use several this way.

3 Likes

Thank you

I noticed the reason stated for the need for a second Keypad is to be able to arm or disarm from another location.

My question is: Can I arm or disarm the system from the app?

Will the ability to view many live cameras at once be available for regular wyze users eventually or just with home monitoring?

Wondering this too, hope some of these features are accesible to regular users because I subscribe to cam plus but don’t need the home monitoring service for my case.

yup you can arm or disarm from the app on your phone