2.25 Wyze App Beta Test 9/23/2021

I have been working with bzhu. He flashed my fw a few times with different versions. I did get AI notifications when he put me back to the production version, but then went through 4 different beta version tests to see, and no AI. Notifications. I am currently currently on 4.9.8.53, which is where we left it until a new Firmware is needing to be tested.

He has a number of log files from me and @carverofchoice as he is having issues as well. However, one of his cameras started to work on a different teat version.

1 Like

I know what you meant. When we give him the MAC address to do it, I hope we can continue to walk around naked at home.lol😜

2 Likes

oops. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks… no wonder! :+1:

My wife waves at my office test cams and says “Hello Wyze!” whenever she enters. :rofl:

2 Likes

Issues are still persistent. Still crashing in landscape video viewing.

Also no longer getting notifications from any of my wyze devices on iOS. Been almost 2 days.
I have performed all standard troubleshooting steps

Notifications are fine on my Android device.

2 Likes

Just rolled back my Wyze app to the Prod version on iOS 15 and I am getting Alerts again.

Will verify by installing the latest beta app again.

EDIT

Just updated Wyze App to Wyze App Beta version 2.25.11. No Notifications at all.

Android is working fine

@Yichen , wanted to make sure you were aware of the no notification issue on iOS with this build.

5 Likes

Update - Thermostat - Had the issue again. App does not show correct temp. Submitted Log - 305400 - If I clear the app cache and data, When I log back in, the temp is correct until the new add a sensor icon appears, then the temp changes to a different number

Thank you. We are aware and working on the no notification issue on iOS.

1 Like

No worries…We can’t access to your live stream, recorded videos or any of your data from your camera. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have been using the HMS Schedules for a few days now, and I like it. My feedback would be as follows:

1. Allow us the option to get a push notification when the scheduled arming takes place. I keep forgetting my system is armed and walk outside to check on something, only to come back inside to the alarm going off while everyone is trying to sleep. I would like to get a push notification to remind me that the system was armed.
  2. I haven’t been in the same room as the hub during the scheduled arming or disarming, but I haven’t heard the hub announce that it armed or disarmed the system either. Whether or not it does, there should be an option we can select to have it announce when it arms or disarms during the schedule or if we want it to stay silent.

Those are my 2 main points of feedback after using the HMS schedules for a few days. I do commend Wyze for implementing a great schedule option though! I actually use the HMS at night now without worrying about the rest of my family forgetting to turn it off in the morning when they leave (for school, work, etc).

2 Likes

I am loving the scheduled arming and disarming. As for the announcement, I believe it does. I sit next to the location where it is and I recall that last night it did say Armed Home when it armed. But will verify again tonight to be 100% sure.

1 Like

I will try to set an alarm to remind me to go near the hub and pay closer attention too. I would like to know.

My Schedule to turn HMS Home Away mode on, just ran and it did Alert me of the fact.

So It does Alert / notify when the scheduled rule for HMS Arming and Disarming is functioning

3 Likes

I wonder if I am not hearing hub sounds from my basement office anymore because of a volume change in the Hub. I just had a user tell me there have been chime volume decreases:

and the last few times my HMS alarm when off I thought the volume on my alarm/siren on the hub was really soft lately compared to how loud I thought it used to be, so maybe there is something going on with the volume in some recent update I just didn’t notice until now (and yes, I checked, the hub volume is set to max/high everywhere, so I am not sure why it seems softer now than I thought it used to be, but that must be why I haven’t noticed the announcement when it arms lately.

Thanks for verifying it is indeed announcing the status change (it would still be good to make it an option whether we want it announced or silent during the schedule, and an option to send me a notification when the schedule runs).

So I just did a test from low to high. The Volume on the HMS is lower than it was before. I hear it cause I sit next to it. The Chime or countdown sound is louder than the spoken words.

Low, I can barely hear anything if at all.
Med, I can hear it but about 10 to 15 feet away, I cannot hear it
High, I hear it in the room I am in.

In the past it was much louder. The Chime or Count down sound has been adjusted as well. I used to leave mine on Med Volume now it is at High Volume.

1 Like

Did I miss: fixed the issue that allows people to listen in without your permission i.e. allows the owner to turn off the microphone?

Not sure which camera you are talking about, but as far as I can tell, there is no method or option to turn off the Mic on a Camera at this time. I have seen topic discussions about addin this item as an option.

There is a wishlist item for this, and there is a post that allows you to non-destructively disconnect the microphone on a V2/V3 in the meantime.

1 Like

iOS Widget bug – thumbnails

iPhone X iOS 14.8
Wyze app 2.25.11

Widgets not authenticating correctly back to Wyze so not picking up thumbnails.

Tried over wifi and cellular.

Log submitted 308507

I also can’t get Alexa voice skill to work and show up in the Alexa app. At this point I’m just gonna continue waiting