2.18 app Beta Testing 2/24/2021

I didn’t, actually not familiar with ADB. Still seeing delays in comparison to my iPad Air with the production version. My android device is a Samsung Note10+ Android 11 One UI 3.0

List of issues which seem not specifically related to this Beta, but worth noting for correction if possible. Specific to Android Devices, running Android 11:

1. Occasionally, I don’t receive notifications on my Phone. Alexa Announces, my Show displays the video feed of the person walking in front of my house, and the event shows up in the events tab correctly tagged as person. Would like for this to be a little more consistent. It has gotten a lot better though.

2. Cannot submit a video and identify what the tag should be. Tag selection is missing, I am only seeing the submit button. Similar to what others have posted.

3. (iOS Device). I do have an iPhone, which I test with. I can submit video’s and select the tag it should be, unlike item 2 above. However, there is no option to indicate false tagging. I have on occasion where it tags as a person, but it is a light reflection. The tag to indicate false tag or should not be tagged is missing now. Been missing since last build, maybe longer.

Just a few things I have identified.

The removal of the false tagging button has been reported as a feature, not a bug. (I think it was posted over on Facebook)

They said it was too confusing for people and are now just comparing tags (so if the video is flagged person but you submit only vehicle and package tags then it was a false person detection.)

Good to know – thanks for the feedback.

So how are videos looked at? They can not be tagged at all, are they just human viewed before feeding the AI? Why ask us to tag at all when submitting?

Not being able to select a Tag may be an error in Android as it exists in iOS. I use my iOS device when submitting videos. I believe what @joedel263 was indicating was that the tag “False Tag” was removed as it was confusing. I believe the other tags should be there.

@joedel263, Is that correct?

You are correct.

Theres a separate bug where some folks are seeing no buttons at all.

I’m on android and while Ive had that issue in the past (first it was double buttons, and then it was none) its been ok for a while, so its a deeper issue than android/ios.

1 Like

I just noticed you can’t take a photo while you are paused in SD card playback mode on Android? Is this still considered a bug?

Is that a rhetorical question? I think it’s a bug. There are many more and it’s very very rare to see any get fixed. The developers obviously don’t understand the concept of “testing” and can’t be bothered fixing things that they break. I gave up reporting bugs a long time ago and if you want to avoid the latest bugs, I recommend v2.10.80 of the app.

I would like to see a report on what the developers actually test. How many different hardware/software platforms are used.

Before I retired (from about 1993 to 2010) a good portion of my job was testing software (and hardware) that was to be fielded for deployed Army mapping systems,
In the beginning the hardware platform was Microvax, VMS, and Fortran. Life was fairly simple. If it worked on 1 machine it worked on all deployed machines. It was like goose hunting - big target, going in a straight path, put the shot in front of it.
But as we evolved into Unix and Windows PC platforms with the wide variety of hardware, OS’s and programming languages it became very difficult to pin down bugs. More like hunting partridge, bug pops up, goes every which way but straight.

About 2 or 3 years ago the “testing” subject came up. IIRC the developers only had maybe a few dozen different android platforms. And with every major phone producer tweaking versions of “Android” about the ONLY standard is how to SPELL Android.

Maybe that is why on Beta 2.18.12 my phone (and many others) is still crashing due to log_iotc.txt.

I’m not sure if Android “fragmentation” can be blamed for lack of quality. I use lots of other Android apps in which I haven’t found any bugs. I use the Wyze app on four Android devices, one running v11, two running v8, and one running v7. They all exhibit the same bugs. I have the latest version of the Wyze app installed on only one of my devices because I still live in the hope that some bugs will get fixed.

In the world of enterprise software, many clients will simply not accept software releases unless every change is described in detail so that their test staff can check for any adverse effects before the software is released into production. Wyze app releases don’t even include a comprehensive list of changes. There’s no central issue or bug tracking in place, so the whole “beta testing” program can’t be taken seriously.

Meanwhile the Android app has grown from 30 Mb to 81 Mb over the last 24 months and gets more and more sluggish to use.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.