2.10 first beta app for iOS (3/18/2020)

Second the crash frequency. Must have had half dozen already. As I said, loving the connection improvements but this is a new problem. Crashes, at least for me, have been rare until i this version.

2 Likes

Same with app V2.8.24

1 Like

Iā€™ve had at least 6 crashes coming and going from a camera or leaving a camera group. Sent all in. 5 on 1st day. 1 on 2nd day. Zero since.

My time stamps are all within seconds of each other. What I found is if I scroll fast they canā€™t keep up and one might be on yesterday timestamp wise. (Iā€™ve not checked to see it the view is live or actually from that time stamp). But if I go slow it keeps up and and run smoothly. Iā€™ve not had a crash in over 24hrs with this method.

I also had quite a few crashes when first using this new beta version. It occurred switching quickly between cameras/groups. It seems to have corrected itself as I have not had one in the past couple days but did submit them when they occurred.

Live view is still loading much quicker than before, a huge improvement. What Iā€™m noticing though is a lag between the running time stamps when Iā€™m live streaming a group of cameras ( I have a group of 2 and a group of 4). Iā€™m also noticing on a semi-regular basis the time stamps freeze on certain cameras in the group and then have to catch up 3-5 seconds when they unfreeze.

3 Likes

Yep the cameras freezing periodically is much more common in this release. Especially when they are grouped.

1 Like

Followup to my initial very positive comments on this version of the app. The connectivity soured is definite vastly improved but the stability is badly broken! This morning I was trying to track a fox across our front porch and between the the views of 3 cams. App repeatedly crashed after viewing in, and moving between, group views. Playback was also jerky and jumped in 3-5 second increments. The exception was the one cam with CMC which had smooth playback.

I viewed the same sequence of videos from another version of the app I am also testing, without incident but this one repeatedly crashes. Logs submitted.
@WyzeAndy & team - sorry to report this part!

1 Like

How do I get on that beta track?

1 Like

Not sure you want to with all the issues

Easiest way is to go to the Beta section on this forum and join. You can also go to this link:

1 Like

It is a relief to see that others are having this issue. I have grouped and ungrouped my cameras several times. Yesterday I had the mailman sitting in my driveway and I opened to app, opened the group and tried to open just the camera. It crashed and ā€œwent offlineā€ with error codes. Upon playback and motion recording - showed event perfectly (albeit the jerky playback). So for now Iā€™ll keep ungrouped. For comparison sake - I have beta ios running on apple X and beta wyze app - all latest version. I have TP-link M9 Mesh system and internet speed is 200mbps/26mbs on my phone (however likely 5g connection). The cameras all have 78-99% wifi connection. When attempting to live stream I get jerky 15-90kb/s streaming. On the plus side the beta person detection is almost spot on for all 5 cams.

1 Like

Folks. I would step back and take a deep breath. With everything else going on with the virus and the economy and lockdowns, etc. I am amazed at getting much of any response at the moment.
Everyone is working at best with big obstacles and struggling.
Edit://realized this could be taken as critical of these posts and I in no way meant that. I guess itā€™s a bit of a vent, but I do think we are in for difficult times in a lot of areas.

1 Like

Very true and I donā€™t blame you for venting sometimes I think we all need to vent a little bit and I think when we do sometimes it gets taken a little too personally people get all worked up and blah blah blah but anyway Iā€™ll move on.

I have discovered some of my issues are with my Internet provider. They are working through some issues and once they get those fixed that should help with my cameras because it will get my speeds back up and my upload speeds back up and that should help a lot. So Iā€™m not blaming all of this on Wyze but this new app has had a lot of issues. I donā€™t blame the crashes on my Internet provider thatā€™s on the app.

I think we are going to see a lot more issues with ISPā€™s as work from home saturates the ISP lines. Especially with increased video calls and increased streaming demands. These issues are going to be spotty however. Patience is a virtue, and turn off the TV if you are not actively watching it.

1 Like

Plus you have kids streaming movies, watchingā€™YouTube and playing video games. I agree are used to think that there was really no difference between people doing business at home and people doing business at their office. But it was brought to my attention that if you need to have a meeting at work you just went into a room but now they have to have a meeting to have to use zoom or something like that which takes up the Internet so yeah this is a bigger issue than we think

1 Like

I finally have to using this app version for any practical use. Went back in time!

3 Likes