12 Second Event Records but not 1 minute event to SD card

I have reformatted and rebooted the device, turned of zone detection and tried sensitivity from 50-100 percent. It will record the 12 second video but not the 1 minute clip. How do I fix this?

I have to start with the obvious does it recognize the sd card, and do you have it set to record events only on the sd card

Thank you for the quick reply!

Yes I have formatted it in the device a few times, and it shows up as recognized. It is a 32gb card. I watched the tutorials and I am not sure how to tell it to record only to the SD card, I do not remember seeing directions for that when I read the guide as well.

Well it will always do the 12-second clips, but you can also do continuous recording to sd card or event recording to sd card, So if you go into the camera, then click settings (gear in upper right), then advanced settings, then local storage, there will be the option for continuous or events only. Then to see then you can click on ‘event playback’ when looking at camera

2 Likes

You have to take the SD card out and use a computer to read it and see the minute long clips of the continuous recording. If the “playback” function works and can review back time then you know it’s working. :slight_smile:

That is absolutely incorrect. You do not need to remove the uSD card to read saved videos (either continuous recording or events only). Bring up the camera in the app, and select View Playback. Scroll around the timeline, or select older dates.
You CAN remove the uSD card and read it on a computer, but you do not need to.

There are three kinds of recording available in the app:

1. Cloud motion/sound event: These are enabled in the camera settings (gear icon) > Event Recording. Also make sure that the Detection Zone under Detection Settings is not missing the area of motion. These are played back in the Events tab.
  2. microSD card recording: This is enabled in Advanced Settings > Local Storage and can be set to continuous or event only recording. This is played back by pressing the View Playback button on the live stream. This is completely independent from #1.
  3. Record button on live stream or playback: This saves to your phone’s camera roll or gallery, in real time, whatever is being played in the live stream or view playback. Note that it isn’t available when playing cloud events. It is viewed by tapping More and then the Album button, or by leaving the Wyze app and viewing the Wyze album in your phone’s photos or gallery app. This type of recording ceases when you leave the Wyze app.
1 Like

I read the post as they wanted to see the one minute clips. To see the actual one minute clip files, I take the SD card out and read it in my computer. When I view in playback (which I mentioned in my reply), it shows as a continuous record. I personally didn’t know the files were saved in a one minute increments until I took a card out one day and popped it in the computer. I would have worded my reply differently if the OP wanted to find the continuous record. I believed they wanted to go further and find the one minute clip files, which you have to find via computer.

To the discussion so far: You can see the full 1-minute ‘record on event’ files in playback mode, but the trick is finding one on a mostly blank timeline. Once you find one it will play for a full minute, then automatically jump to the next one. So all you have to do is find one at or before the event you are interested in. The easiest way is to use the time & date of the 12-second clip, expanding the timeline with a reverse-pinch when you get close.

Now if you think it’s a little cumbersome to find a 1-minute event (especially if it is several days back), then pulling the card can get it for you too. And clearly show you for sure what the first event recorded was. VLC will also play the clips in succession like playback will.

So the OP needs to select ‘record events only’ in the SD card ‘Local Storage’ settings for the camera as shown above to get the 1-minute recordings, then they can view them however they like.

Now, I thought of something totally different when the OP said “It will record the 12 second video but not the 1 minute clip.” I thought they knew how to do ‘record events only’ and knew how to playback the clips. So my thought went to the difference in sensitivity settings. Last I knew, the sensitivity adjustment is only for the 12-second clips, and the 1-minute clips are fixed at 50% sensitivity. That could make a 12-second clip record without a corresponding 1-minute clip. Anyone know if they ever changed that?

One last thought – If you record in continuous mode, you can use the time & date of the 12-second clip to call up EVERYTHING that happed around the event. Sometimes things happen before the event that are outside the detection settings, or afterwards during the 5-minute camera cool down. Plus you wouldn’t have to worry about one recording without the other.

I have a Wyze outdoor camera (Model WVOD1) and a base station. I can only get video clips to record on the SD Card while it is in the base station. When the SD card is in the camera I only get thumbnail photos saved to the SD Card.

I also know that this thread started in 2019 and its now 2021 but on my version of the app I do not have the option for the ‘Local Storage’ setting in Advance Settings. Is there a new location for where the local storage menu is found?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! The WCO does not have the same local storage as other cameras do. The wco saves event clips to the card in the base station for backup, and scheduled recording and time-lapses to the card in the camera. And there is no playback in app like the other v2 and v3 and pans have.

This is because this is a battery camera and is designed to conserve battery.

What do you mean there is no playback? It’s not even useful if you can’t playback.

The Wyze Cam Outdoor (WCO) does not have a playback function or a local continuous record feature to save on battery usage. It does have some functions that say footage to the SD cards, but they are meant to have the card removed and view the footage on a different device. The WCO does have the normal free cloud service or cam plus function where the cloud clips can be seen normally on the event tab.