WyzeCam becoming more & more unusable?

Interesting Thought.

First let me say that I believe very few actually change from their default ISP provided routers. I would also venture to say that a percentage of individuals who say they do, actually leave the router in place and add WiFi Nodes and turn off the ISP Provided WiFi. I think the Percentages decrease as you go through your list. Note: We are talking about Home users not businesses, correct?

• Keep ISP providers: about 70%,
  • Upgrade to Costco-level Premium: about 20%
  • Purchase the more expensive routers: about 10%.

I like to tinker with Technology and figure out how it all works and what the limits are. I used to run my own PBX with ViaTalk VoIP service. It was fun, but required a lot of work. It also required a lot of tweaking with QOS on the routers. Yea, I am sick that way. :slight_smile:

I seem to recall that there is a possibility that Wyze may be looking into providing a router in the future. I remember so survey where tey were asking about routers. But I may have been dreaming. Now I need to see if I can find it.

I agree that it would be a great idea for Wyze to come out with a Router. One which could provide the necessary stability and efficient streaming of their devices. It would have to be a valid competitor though: WiFi 6 or even 6E, Mesh Technology which can support Ethernet Backhauls and possibly even Power. Available Ethernet Ports on the Nodes and even a USB ports to attach a potential Wyze Hub. :wink:

Heck, I would be happy with a Hub Like Hubitat or SmartThings. You can then connect your camera’s to the Hub or WiFi, which ever you want. In addition all devices could then utilize the hub and perform local processing. I think it would bolster the experience as well.

Either way, I would purchase a Wyze Router and a Hub.

1 Like