Wyze - Will You Fix the Doorbell Connection Issue?

Guess what?

I just received a notification of someone calling me at the door. Great, let’s see what’s happening. Easy. Well, no. The Doorbell failed to connect at “Step 3”. Again.
Yes, the Doorbell failed again to fulfill its duty because of a failed firmware.

Yet, everybody reading this forum knows that just putting the Doorbell in “Night Vision” mode fixes the problem instantly. Every single time.

What in the world is preventing Wyze to properly identify the issue and fix it?

I’m starting to think that they should open-source their code base. This way, we could give it a shot and possibly fix it before they do - yes, I’m a software developer.

Wyze, we paid for a working product that YOU broke with a lousy firmware. The least you could do is to fix this mess.

1 Like

In the meantime while we wait for a fix, here is the workaround that I found and let Wyze know about:
When your LIVE feed gets to “Step3: Getting video data” and gets stuck, press the gear to go to ‘settings’, select ‘Advanced Settings’, select Night Vision ‘On’ and then ‘Off’, then press the ‘<’ key to go back to LIVE feed and it will connect.
It took me a long time to find this workaround. I expect that it will work for everyone having this issue since it seems to unstick it by going thru night vision mode. Sorry, but if you use Night Vision, you will have to turn it back on. But, at least it is a reliable way to temporarily conquer this bug.
Your welcome. I hope it works for you too.

Have you found a fix or are you still doing this workaround?