Growing weary of useless doorbell

I have been waiting patiently for Wyze to fix the authentication issue with the Wyse doorbell.

But I am really growing weary while Wyze is ignoring this problem many of us have useless devices that are good for absolutely nothing.

I love the outdoor cameras. But this doorbell issue has me looking at other companies for solutions. I have already warned several friends against purchasing Wyze products until this issue is fixed.

Please fix this problem

3 Likes

The latest fix it Friday follow up said they have the logs they need to finish the fix, and are doing so now. Many users doorbells are fixed with a recent update, but not everyone.

1 Like

Yā€™all are right the video door bell is getting to be such a problem. If I get a notification I canā€™t connect or canā€™t connect fast enough

And it never fails when I need to she if someone has taken a package of my porch I have no recordings

Just about to switch to ring.

In the meantime while we wait for a fix, here is the workaround that I found and let Wyze know about:
When your LIVE feed gets to ā€œStep3: Getting video dataā€ and gets stuck, press the gear to go to ā€˜settingsā€™, select ā€˜Advanced Settingsā€™, select Night Vision ā€˜Onā€™ and then ā€˜Offā€™, then press the ā€˜<ā€™ key to go back to LIVE feed and it will connect.
It took me a long time to find this workaround. I expect that it will work for everyone having this issue since it seems to unstick it by going thru night vision mode. Sorry, but if you use Night Vision, you will have to turn it back on. But, at least it is a reliable way to temporarily conquer this bug.
Your welcome. I hope it works for you too.