Wyze Watch 47 Heart Rate Issue

I hope someone can possibly answer a simple question for me. I have the Wyze watch 47 to wear at work but the heart rate will read no lower than 50. I consistently have a resting rate 38-44 but cannot get it to read below 50. I have reached out to CS but keep getting canned responses that come nowhere close to addressing my simple question…Will the watch only read to 50 and no lower? I have many years of experience with optical heart rate monitors and even work in the field so I have been using correctly. Despite what appears to be this one glaring error, the watch is fantastic! I have attached a pic showing the consistent low heart rate of 50 and no lower. Thank you for your time and service to the Gwendolyn Alanna Evans I hope you can possibly answer a simple question for me. I have the Wyze watch 47 to wear at work but the heart rate will read no lower than 50. I consistently have a resting rate 38-44 but cannot get it to read below 50. I have reached out to CS but keep getting canned responses that come nowhere close to addressing my simple question…Will the watch only read to 50 and no lower? I have many years of experience with optical heart rate monitors and even work in the field so I have been using correctly. Despite what appears to be this one glaring error, the watch is fantastic! I have attached a pic showing the consistent low heart rate of 50 and no lower. In contrast my wife’s 44mm will read coree rly below 50 bpm.

[Mod Note]: Your post was merged to this category since it involves a question and not a request for a Product or Service enhancement by Wyze.

2 Likes

I have noticed the same issue. Mine has been dropping into the mid 40s during sleep and sometimes during the day when I’m sitting but I have no readings below 50bpm. I wore a chest strap HRM the other night to sleep and confirmed. I tried contacting support but honestly they avoided the question. They’ve closed my ticket since I got a survey for the agent. If the smaller watch can read that low, hopefully there’s a firmware update coming. Otherwise, I’ll have to look for something else.

1 Like

That’s a good way of putting it, avoiding the query…my main watch I use for running, the Coros Apex, will read fine down into the high 30s, maybe lower. When I questioned their support when it wouldn’t read that low, they knew exactly what I was talking about and promptly pushed an update to make it work (I’m sure I wasn’t the only one having that request for that watch though)…

1 Like

That’s good. So fix solved the issue for you? How did you contact support? I’m on version 0.12.37 on my watch

I’m sorry, I guess the way I phrased it was wrong…my other watch the Apex had the update pushed to it which solved the problem…the Wyze 47 is an ongoing issue

I too have noticed the the 47 watch has a low threshold of 50. It will not read lower. Almost every day my range low is 50. Either a hardware limitation or a firmware bug. I will attempt to open a ticket.

Just read in another thread here that the new beta firmware for the 47 extends the hr reading limits…so maybe a fix soon for us!

Firmware is out. This was one of the 3 issues addressed.

0.12.43 (May 12, 2021)

Updated the Raise to Wake algorithm
Now automatic heart rate detection will no longer occur during charging
Extended the limits for heart rate measurement
1 Like