Wyze Video Doorbell Firmware 4.25.1.042 and Wyze Video Doorbell Pro Firmware 1.0.64 Released! - 3/30/22

So, I updated FW on my VDBv1 yesterday and it went smoothly. Tested it and it did work, sensed motion, white light came on, Person\Package alert (full CP), captured AI Event, chime barked, VOIP call.

It was a very windy day today. I received a TON of AI events for AI motion outside my detection zone (mostly vehicles on the road)… But with the wind, and leaves, and bushes all blowing about, I can’t be too sure it was detection zone issues, but I think all the alerts were because of the weather inside my zone.

I did get a FedEx package today. But the doorbell failed me. V3 looking down caught the delivery, Person and Package…but I never got the push notification (I know… already logged). But, even though he stood 12 inches from the doorbell and pushed the button… Nothing from the doorbell.

The update notes indicate “Added support for Alexa and Google Assistant integration”. I haven’t received any clarification as to what level of support that is… But Alexa on FireStick is still telling me “Hmm, the camera isn’t responding” while all my 11 other cams will stream.

I also use TinyCam Pro Monitor. Whatever was done to the aspect ratio or rotation of the image to make it work in Home Monitoring or in Alexa\Home, it screwed it up on TinyCam. Now, either my tile is rotated or my cam view is rotated 90°. I can have one or the other…but not both. Still learning TCP, so I am still investigating, but the FW started it.

As for HMS… Events play great. Live feed starts rotated 90° then pops to proper orientation in a second or two… Just like it now does in TCP… That’s why I think that is what is affecting TCP image rotation.

3 Likes

installed fw on V1 doorbell last night ; since update takes multiple ties and often cannot connect at all to video data on android and ios; google home hub now tries to stream it but eventually gives up and just says wyze cam; I really want this to stream to google home but now entire camera is effectively broken

1 Like

Updated 4.25.1.042 firmware and now I can’t get live feed from the camera. Motion capture hit and miss. What is wrong with you wyze!!!

Already power cycle the doorbell 2 times. Reboot router. Reboot ISP modem. No go.

1 Like

Update on Video Doorbell keeps failing. Detection zone always reverts back to ‘Off’, so i am not getting any notifications on packages or people at the door. I like Wyze, but so buggy. Does the update fix the detection zone problems?

This is frustrating. I don’t want to buy a new doorbell, this was working fine up until a few days ago. Why is this update failing?

I just noticed that the update also reset my video quality to 480p. Live feed loads quickly enough. Went back in and reset to HD. Looks like it held. Detection zones are where they should be as previously set, but that’s on Android most recent app.

Sigh… after the update, I’m having all sorts of issues with the doorbell. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Restarted the doorbell. Nothing changes. I really grow tired of this…

2 Likes

Same problem on my v1. I found out its motion related. It wont load the live feed until it detects any kind of motion. Even just a wave of your hand will kick the live feed into gear. Wyze messed this firmware up. They need to revert.

1 Like

VDBPro. Updated firmware on device, Android app up-to-date no motion detection zones. Please fix.

3 Likes

After the firmware update, the doorbell appears to work, but I cannot easily access the video. They need to fix the firmware quick before it bricka all the doorbells.

This firmware continues to be a mess!
It still takes multiple attempts to get video data if at all on android
Locks up the entire app on IOS
I have had to power off reset multiple times
Despite this still won’t stream to google home hub which was supposed to be the point
Please fix or allow rollback - at least it was stable before despite the limitations
And when will it work with webview??

1 Like

Yeah, this FW update definitely caused more problems than it fixed. Yesterday after a doorbell press and cam AI activation, my VDBv1 locked up. Had to power cycle it to get it back.

Would be nice to have someone from the Wyze Doorbell FW development team in here to address all these posts.

1 Like

This whole week, I’ve been trying to update my DBv1 to no avail.

It keeps on hanging on me… my phone sleeps, and then the app says firmware update failed.

Usually, every time I open the Wyze app and go to DBv1’s Device Info, there’s always an update available.

But today, there is no indication of available firmware update. My DBv1 is stuck at 4.25.0.313

This is pretty disappointing.

Don’t upgrade as of yet. The new firmware is causing problems. Mine went to 4.25.1.042 and had been nothing but problems.

2 Likes

Totally agree w\ @vld780, If the doorbell works, don’t upgrade the FW until Wyze at least acknowledges the bad FW push. Keep what is working.

2 Likes

Firmware 4.25.1.042 for Wyze Video Doorbell is paused while we look into the cause of reports of longer loading times for live streams or connections failing at step 3/3.

3 Likes

I’d like to share my frustration too after the update to my Wyze Doorbell. Hope this will help Wyze fix:

1. Take a long time to connect to Live view (over a minute).
  2. But most times wont’ connect to Live, Will just fail and tell you to power cycle doorbell
  3. Detection Zone I set keeps turning ‘off’ by itself

Power cycling at breaker box, resetting router, reinstalling app all had not help.

thank you

2 Likes

Video Doorbell Pro is updated to firmware 1.0.64. Detection Zones do not show in the app. Currently using Wyze App version 2.29.2 on iOS 15.4.1 on an iPhone 12 Pro.

1 Like

Is there a way to rollback the firmware update for those who’ve already installed it? I’ve had packages delivered with no recordings or notifications.

Same problem here!! Nothing but problems after Firmware 4.25.1.042.

No rollback unless Wyze pushes it out in a new update. No SD Card so no manual flash to an older version. We are at their mercy.

1 Like