Wyze Video Doorbell Cam V2 not working with house chime

Welcome to the Forum, @andria.emily5, and thanks for posting! :wave:

I believe that a situation similar to what you describe was mentioned in a separate topic just recently, though in that case the wires going into the chime box were apparently both red (not red and white), and that user didn’t say whether or not the Chime Controller was installed.

Last year, in that same topic, someone else mentioned that installing the Chime Controller but reversing the wire connections in the instructions solved the problem, and apparently that has worked for other users.

I think it’s helpful to have your note as another possible remedy, because there are several topics discussing this issue, and it’s something I didn’t actually try when I had an issue with my own Video Doorbell v2 recently. I was able to get my in-house chime working again after using the alternate wiring instructions for the Chime Controller, but now the chime sometimes buzzes, rattles, or hums in addition to giving the ding-dong!, so Wyze sent a replacement, which I received just today. This was after months of successful operation using the standard wiring instructions at the time of initial installation and no other changes on my part; something just failed, and for some reason switching to the alternate wiring method worked, but no one at Wyze has explained why. :man_shrugging:

I guess if it fails again, I’ll have your suggestion to try! Thanks!