Wyze Vacuum: Maybe I'm just impatient

Got the Wyze vac in late January. While I’m mostly pleased with the device itself, some of the software limitations are frustrating. I know that this is still a work in progress, but this is not the first robot vac out there so some of the software ‘issues’ I’m having have been solved by other manufacturers so these annoyances really shouldn’t be anything new.

No voice control. Why is this a thing? I NEVER want to hear the vac speak to me. I understand that others might but I typically run this thing at night when we are in bed. Don’t need it telling me it’s starting, I can hear it. I don’t need it to tell me it’s returning to base or that it’s charging either. Just go. Previous robot vac I had had this feature (on/off/volume level) and I made an assumption that this is a standard feature on all. I voted on the wishlist for it and HOPEFULLY it will be deemed useful enough to write a few lines of code to at least toggle on and off.

Splitting rooms. See the image below. Our kitchen and dining room are connected by a doorway (shocker!). Wyze sees these as one big room. I’d like to subdivide where the yellow line is drawn. This is not possible with current software as there is no outside wall to connect to. As it stands, I have to vacuum the dining room (seldom used) and the kitchen if I want just the kitchen cleaned. Dining room is right next to the master bedroom which brings in unwanted noise. Why is this software capability a problem?

No Alexa/Google Home integration. I know this one is planned, but as a Home Assistant user, this one is really annoying. Previous vac had a HASS automation set up that when the house was empty that the vac automatically started it’s cleaning and when anyone arrived home it would send the device back to it’s base. Again, Alexa has an API and I’d assume GH has one too. When will this happen?

I’m probably impatient and I’m always cranky hence this post. It seems like Wyze is cranking out new products weekly but I’m doubting that they have the developers needed to actually support all these new platforms much less add the additional functionality I’m describing in a reasonable timeframe. Until then I’ll continue to hear noise while sleeping and try to remember to manually start the vac when everyone leaves home. #firstworldproblems

2021 Q1 has come and gone and none of these things have been addressed? While I understand that two of these were not promised, the Alexa/Google Home was. When will we see this? The other two are common sense features that were ASSumed to be included and, frankly, should have been and should be included.

A Wyze guy told me the voice will be able to be turned off in the upcoming version. They definitely have read your post here :wink:

@BlakeY @Kimj @UserCustomerGwen @WyzeHongfei @Kenny @WyzeAndy

Great job getting the voice as a removal option. Can someone speak to when the room splitting will be addressed. Wyze support said this should be a feature request, but clearly this is a bug. Users should not have to request that their rooms be able to be subdivided when physical walls already exist (in my case) or in the event of an open floor plan.

I’ve been able to split our open floor plan, including our sunken living room. Sometimes it took several attempts to get certain splits where I wanted them. I learned that walking the end points from where they start out on the map, with successful intermediary splits, allowed me to get the final split line to stick where I wanted it to end up. Don’t save the changes until you’ve walked the split line to where you want it.

Didn’t work for me. I cannot attach the anchor points to that dotted/split line.

Oh and fun fact, I chatted with Wyze support and they said the best way to get a response is to use the forums. I at mentioned six Wyze employees a few days ago and not even a peep. Continued excellence in providing horrible customer service. Thanks folks.

Hi Dinki, sorry for the late reply. The team has been working on the room splitting optimization for a while. The room splitting and navigation algorithm will be totally changed, so it takes a much longer time to develop and test the new version. We will let you know as soon as we roll out this version.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply. Knowing that you are working on this is a relief. What about Alexa integration? Where does that stand?

1 Like

Alexa integration is on the way too :wink:

2 Likes

@BlakeY When will we see the improved room splitting and Alexa integration? I did not anticipate either of these problems to exist so long after launch. This is REALLY REALLY disappointing and causing issues with the use of the product.

@BlakeY Still nothing on this?

Man… if i was a programmer, i would have fixed all these issues already.
Splitting rooms in diagonal lines due to limitations is getting old indeed.

1 Like

Agreed. I had an off brand vac from China before this and it had no problem doing simple things like this. It’s not like Wyze is inventing new tech.

1 Like

Keep an Eye on the Reported Staining/Marks from the Robo Vac. Check were it docks…1 of the threads with this Reported problem…https://forums.wyze.com/t/robot-vacuum-wheels-have-permanently-stained-my-hardwood-floors/183918/174