Wyze v3 keeps going offline after working properly for over a year

I purchased three v3 cameras. One in the back porch, in the front window and the third is over my garage.
All three are outside. All have functioned properly for over a year. Suddenly the camera over the garage went offline. I’ve restarted it several times. So I purchased a new camera and replaced it. It functioned properly for one week then also went off line. I just don’t get it. If it functioned properly for over a year why would it be malfunctioning now ?

One of my v3 cameras is doing it also and it’s the newest one two other v3 cameras are working fine so far. I guess the saying you get what you pay for is true !!

For me it was also the spot over the garage that was problematic. You might want to try updating your router to see if it helps.

Mine was on the far end of the house, away from the router. After I added a mesh router right above the garage, the problem went away.

The problem was not evident in the beginning, but when everybody started to have zoom meetings during the pandemic, that spot would lose connection from time to time.

And for those who say “you get what you pay for”, I have a nest doorbell camera that promptly went offline the other night when I needed to see who rang my doorbell. That’s certainly not what I paid for.

1 Like

Replace the power brick and see if the problem goes away.

My V3 goes off line daily, until the point where I am through with it, and ordered a refurbished V2. My main grief is that all my cameras go off line maybe once a year, and stay off line untill I delete them, add them back and go through the start up process physically, with each camera. If the cameras were all within easy reach, then, no problem. But I have three under the eaves of my house, and two in the backyard, which requires that I haul out the ladder and start up each camera. I came down hard on the help desk, who have their troubleshooting script, but are not in the position to answer why this occurs. They might be a help desk overseas, but I could be wrong. Hopefully the Wyze forum is read by Wyze technicians here in the States.