Wyze Thermostat - Smart home heating & cooling

There are ways to jump or eliminate the “C” wire if you don’t havre it. And aux heat doesn’t always kick on to heat faster. With ground source if it’s below a certain degree outside the ground source is essentially useless so aux kicks on.

You might want to check with your energy suppliers. They may offer rebates, so even instantly. I got a $50 instant rebate from my electric supplier and $50 instant rebate from my gas supplier when I purchased the ecobee, so $100 off total instantly.

2 Likes

I had to have my furnace guy come out to check on something else, so I asked him to install the C wire adapter. But it turned out I DID have a C wire. It was just pushed back into the wall from the previous owner I guess. Fished it back out and we got the Ecobee installed. Now I’m just waiting until my gas supplier adds another month’s worth of credits to my rewards program and I’ll order the 2 extra sensors for other rooms in my house. The sensors were a big reason I switched to Ecobee.

I would like it to be able to run baseboard heaters. My wife’s massage room has baseboards and sometimes a client will call and ask if she’s free so she has to hurry and run there to preheat the room. If it had a smart thermostat then she could just do it right then and there. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Seria bueno que puedan hacen un termostato que puedan estar dentro de neveras o congeladores y que ese dispositivo pueda estar enlazado con plug… Ese termostato controlara el apagado y encendido del equipo dependiendo del frio que a sido configurado.

Vote por esto y úselo en combinación con un enchufe Wyze.

1 Like

I would add to include functionality to support geothermal systems.

1 Like

My house is from 1955 if I can do it so can you lol.

I did not run a C wire.

I ran a 24 volt power supply to it.

2 Likes

I’m using a Nest thermostat with no C wire

1 Like

This might’ve already been stated but it would be nice if the thermostat could send notifications when certain temperature is reached. So if I had a sense Contact sensor on a window that was open the temperature hits a certain degree the thermostat send me a notification and I can go then shut that window. Or vice versa if it gets warm enough I can get a notification and go open that window.

I am very excited about this product! I think the potentials are endless to improve on a home staple that everyone relies on.

I have read all the posts and one thing I believe would be a helpful feature that I think has not been stated is the ability to track Daily/weekly/monthly system usage. Idea is to help identify problems in the system by alarming with higher than normal usage to save time and money.

Example: Our upstairs unit had been running almost 20 hours a day because the fuse on the condenser unit. I did not know it was running this much and we occured a much higher electric bill.

Because of this, it would be nice to track graphically the average daily usage on the fan and condenser having to run to maintain the temp assigned.

This is an idea that can be expanded on but tracking and trending data on your system can help reliability and maintenance of your home system.

3 Likes

Will this be supporting baseboard heats as well ?

4 Likes

I already asked that question because it’s important to me too and have not received an answer. But it would be nice to know.

1 Like

Sadly, no we will not be able to support those as they are high voltage.

4 Likes

You mean 110? Because mine aren’t 220. They make 220 but I elected to go with 110 because it’s easier to get thermostats and things to go with it.

@WyzeMike

1 Like

Just bought the ecobee5 (a.k.a. Smart Home Thermostat with Voice Control) to use with my new 2-stage, Amana HVAC system & humidifier. It comes with one SmartSensor (versus Room Sensor) and I’ve purchased an additional 2-pack from Amazon. ecobee supports all of the following: Alexa (also built-in), Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, and IFTTT.

1 Like

I think 110 and 220 baseboards are both considered high voltage and likely won’t work with what Wyze is developing judging by Mike’s comment. I’m currently using four Mysa smart thermostats for my baseboards. Works well but a bit of a pain to wire.

2 Likes

I’ll go with another honey well if I have to because I just don’t want to go with another system. I don’t want to add another system to all of the systems that I already have.

Fair enough. I also feel I have too many different brands. I think i have at least 10 different apps for smart devices. Does the Honeywell work with alexa? I like being able to turn on the heat with the wyze motion sensor and turn off the heat after motion is clear for 15 min.

1 Like