Wyze Support stopped responding

My third Wyze camera, a pan, stopped responding after 2 weeks of flawless operations. The other two continue to operate fine. I spent one month corresponding with Wyze support on the issues when they decided to replace the unit. Now they have stopped responding altogether, like the camera. Any insight?

Please post your support ticket number.

Wyze Ticket 125040

And ticket 136327.
In this case, they never started responding, other than the usual robo-reply.

I think I found the problem! Looks like your replies have been coming in as internal notes instead of regular replies. I sent your ticket number over to your agent along with the information that you would like your RMA now and sent your address in before. :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know!

Sorry about that! I looked into your ticket and it looks like we’re checking with the dev side but haven’t heard back yet. I just poked the devs for you. I’ll also work to try to establish a better internal process. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gwendolyn,
Don’t poke the devs too hard. They may become unruly. And there’s nothing worse than unruly devs (except for devs that release buggy code and then can’t find the time to fix the defects).

In this particular case (Night Vision mode clicks back and forth and back and forth and back and forth…), the bug will lead to hardware failure as the IR shutter mechanism wears out. Customers will then have to make a warranty claim and get you to replace the broken camera. That expense directly hits your bottom line, and doesn’t help Customer Sat :frowning:

In the meantime, something you could do with immediate impact is to change the wording on the robo-reply that gets sent when a Customer reports a bug. I reported this issue by e-mail on Nov 16. The robo-reply stated “Please allow 2-5 business days for a response”. I’ve heard nothing. It’s clear that your support team is seriously overloaded. In order to better manage Customer expectations, I’d suggest you change the wording in the robo-reply to reflect reality: “Unfortunately, we’re swamped. Please allow 1-2 months for a response, and possibly longer for a fix”. Better to be up-front about the situation than blow smoke about unattainable dates.

Cheers,
kyphos.

kyphos,

I poked them enough to be noticed but not enough to bruise. I’m working with the dev side now to try to figure out a better method for cases like yours because not hearing back as long as you had definitely isn’t what we’re aiming for.

We’re trying to shift things around on the CS side to help bust through tickets. I don’t know if we changed the messaging for the expected wait time since you first emailed us but I’ll check.

Have you heard back yet?

@UserCustomerGwen,
Alas, no response to my ticket (about the repetitive clicking as the cam switches in/out of night mode).

1 Like

This time I may have poked hard enough to bruise. If I get unruly devs, so be it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems your poking has had an effect:-)
Thanks!

1 Like

Was this issue solved? I have the same concern

@JuneDay
Since you asked, my V2 cam still goes clickity-click, clickity-click at dawn & twilight.
Ditto for my PanCam.

From Wyze Support, I get the sound of :cricket::cricket::cricket: