Wyze Smart Power Strip or Wall Power Adapter

In addition to adding my vote, I would like to see both a wired power strip, and one that sits directly over a wall outlet.

3 Likes

Right! One app to rule them all haha. I am debating thay tecken

1 Like

Wyze already offers a surge protector, but it’s not a smart device, which is super odd coming from Wyze. TP-Link/Kasa offers one that looks extremely similar and allows you to control each of the 3 outlets independently from the app, schedule and timer functions. There’s also a toggle switch by each 110V outlet to turn each outlet on/off manually and independently. It’s very well designed. However, I’d love for it to work in the Wyze ecosystem.

I propose one 3 outlet power strip and one 6-8 outlet surge protector. Ideally, it would have more surge suppression than the paltry 258 joules the current Wyze offering has.

Everyone has power strips. Everyone needs them. This should be an easy sell.

3 Likes

I’m all for this! I can’t believe that Wyze made a surge protector that wasn’t smart. This would be fantastic to put on my modem & router boxes so I could reset them remotely. I agree that individual control of the ports would be a great feature. I’m still just shaking my head that the Wyze folks that make everything smart didn’t make a smart surge protector. Let’s get this baby moved up on the roadmap!

1 Like

Smart Surge Protector with 4 to 6 outlets and USB ports

I’ve been hoping and patiently waiting, that Wyze would make a smart surge protector that would allow us to individually control each outlet. I have a few fish tanks that I could use a smart surge protector for. Its a inconvience to have to unplug each cord everytime I have to clean the tanks.

1 Like

Sending a text message when there isn’t any power to it is a good idea! You don’t want the food in the refrigerator to go bad, and if you’re on vacation or something maybe you could have your neighbor check on it.

1 Like

This is a project I would back.

Do not change a thing about the current WYZE Surge, but make it SMART!

Alternative:

Additions to current surge that would make it better:

• USB C additional plug
  • Slightly larger with a little more space between outlets
  • Mounting holes or a mounting bracket
1 Like

A Wyze smart power strip with simple controls, on/off and schedules for each port, and added USB ports does sound like a useful device for many users.

I love the Wyze Smart Plug and the ability to control lights and outlets from my phone. Right now, the plug is chunky and therefore only usually allows for 1 plug per outlet plate, as it is so big. Is there a way that Wyze can come out with a Smart Plug Extender, that you can plug 5 or 6 things in the smart home plug. Kind of like a 4 plug outlet extension cord.

Thanks!
Smart Home Extender