Wyze Sense - what frequency do they use?

What frequency do the Wyze Sense devices use to talk to the Bridge?

Thank you,
Tim KC1TWR

1 Like

It looks to be …
They operate on 915 MHz. This band is used in the Amateur Radio Service and the Location and Monitoring Service (LMS) and it is part of (and could be referring to the entire range of) the ISM (Industrial, Scientific, and Medical) bands of 902–928 MHz. Also it is a microwave frequency, meaning it can cause dielectric heating of organic matter, if the power is strong enough.

From Hubitat Elevation forum.

So why does this page say frequency is 907.8-908.2?
https://fccid.io/2ANJHWHSB1

1 Like

Can someone from Wyze please confirm the actual frequency? FCC website says 907.8-908.2 something else and wyze app details says 915MHz!!
Its quite important as it is illegal to use devices transmitting on some frequencies in some countries.

1 Like

bump

This should be easy for a wyze employee to answer.

I did a thorough read on the FCC page that was provided and based on the data from there, there are 2 hardware iterations listed. The first one was granted 11/16/2018 (having the 907.8 - 908.2 MHz range), the second one on 05/30/2019 (having the 906.0 - 918.0 MHz range). The identifying mark seems to be the FCC ID on the label: Unbroken on the first one, and broken by a hyphen or space between H and W.

I know the V2 is 906.8mhz. Using rtl_433 I can see the packets, pulses, durations, etc etc

Just to be clear, Wyze does not market devices for any countries outside the U.S. and Canada. Any violation of the local laws by using Wyze devices isn’t their fault or issue.