Wyze Sense Shipping Today?

If anyone is still waiting and wondering about shipping order; I’ve been told that the orders are processed in order of payment completion (not order placed). Payment completion time can vary between platforms (eg credit card vs PayPal). This can explain some differences in timing of order completion.

2 Likes

Here I was all ready to explain why the orders aren’t necessarily in the hierarchy of when they were ordered and Loki already took care of it! Thanks, Loki!

We’ve also been seeing cases where the tracking number isn’t getting updated until partway through the shipping process and that is likely contributing to the perceived delays.

@Urbnized, I’ll talk to the team about this and provide your feedback. I don’t know all of the reasons that we didn’t stockpile them in the warehouse in advance so I can’t give a detailed answer for that. Though I can say that it’s been quite a while since we did a pre-order and the last time went a bit funky (we had to create whole new v2 stock so we didn’t get to stockpile back then) and the methods we use may change. :slight_smile:

Mine is being delivered tomorrow

Miine was delivered today, and I immediately gave one to our son who has 6 cams. He said he needed a PIR sensor in one area because the camera he had there was going off all the time due to a moving branch.

Ok, to continue my WYZE SENSE shipping saga.

I got up early this morning (as I do on Christmas morning) since my WYZE SENSE start kit was scheduled for USPS delivery today.

Thought I’d wait by the mailing box and hop up and down with excitement (as part of my stoutness excercise program).

Alas, there was no joy in Mudville. The postman came … and left … with no package from WYZE.

My wife thought maybe such an important package might be delivered by special postman … but, no, I checked the tracking number at the end of the day … and found that my confirmation number says package is still in Kansas City, Mo (for the past 48 hours) … a far cry and several states away from where I live.

And my WYZE SENSE USPS delivery date has been changed from today 4/29/2019 to “Late — No Delivery Date Estimate on record.”

What the … ???

Last time a package was delayed like this … we received a taped-up, ripped EMPTY envelope with a UPS sticker that said “damaged in transit.”

Hope this doesn’t happen this time.

I had one order placed on 3/27 and another one on 4/1 they both arrived today. Go figure.
Now. Let’s find something cool to do with them.

I received my 2 systems today. Piece of Cake to install.
First Note: Door/Window sensors do NOT need to be perfectly aligned to work. My RV door with the Screen Door, won’t allow any closer than 1/2’ to good mounting surfaces. Works fine. I noticed that they find each other within about 1" to 1 1/2" distance to consider the door closed.
I like that you can name each one. But, they are not “Married” to the camera you plug the bridge into. Meaning, you can just set them up on one camera and then, move the Bridge to the camera that is closest to the desired sensor location.
However,
I know they are designed for INDOOR use only. So when I want to use my motion sensor to detect unwanted movement on the blind side of my RV, there are all kinds of false alerts. It would be nice to have a sensitivity adjustment for the Motion Sensors. The alternative is to use a camera there.

Got my sense packages yesterday. Thank you Wyze still in the described 4-7 days. Sorry I was so panicky earlier it’s just odd to have it ship after the date said for shipping.

Btw can’t believe how small all these sensors are. This is awesome. Changing batteries is sure gonna be precision surgery. Or I’ll get new ones… Can’t beat the price. Will be setting these up asap to test and have fun with them. Plan on one at the garage door for sure. Can’t wait for the expansion packs as well to cover every window in the house.

Ok, still no WYZE SENSE delivery as of the mail today … To bring you up to date, order was shipped on 4/25 … received email with tracking number. Estimated delivery was 4/29. On 4/29, checking tracking I found my order was “Late, in transit.”

At 3 p.m. on 4/29. tracking number said package had left Kansas City, MO … approximately 300 miles from me.

After mail today, tracking is still saying “Late – In transit” and still somewhere between KC, Mo, and me.

Ridiculous.

Anybody else having apparent delivery problems? I know the WYZE Sense will eventually make it … but since mine was among the first shipped, gotta wonder where the heck it is …

I wouldnt exactly blame that last part on Wyze. Sounds like the shipper is having an issue. Could be due to weather or some other anomaly. I would contact the shipper or place it was last scanned and find out a reason for the lateness.

2 Likes

It’s our fault. As consumers we want lowest price and we want it NOW.
Example Wyze cameras from Wyze V2 for 19.99 +SH $6 or less depending on quantity.
I can get the same camera from Amazon for $25.99 and have it delivered tomorrow - in theory.

But Wyze has decided on the lowest cost shipping combination so it takes 5 to 7 days. And not to dump too much on USPS but they aren’t the best or the quickest. I’ve had several packages shipped to the wrong places due to USPS mistakes.

Wyze seems to be at about the same level as the place I bought my first Intel based PC in 1986. A little company named PC Limited. I hope they do as well as that company.

2 Likes

Mine shipped today, e-mail to prove it… received them on Monday! :joy: freaky back to the past future present stuff going on there lol.

1 Like