Wyze robot vacuum - map editing & additional enhancements

Interesting, never seen this before! Must be their solution to the issue where wheels would leave residue on the floor if they are spinning like that for too long.

1 Like

Hey that’s a cool solution. I think MANY robovac owners (all brands) would benefit from something like this. Off to scour Amazon…

2 Likes

The thing about the Wyze solution is that it locks into place with the charger. I tried using a thin plastic cutting board instead, but the charger kept sliding around. Wyze’s solution is ideal, and they sent me two of those base station runways for free. Maybe they’ll do the same for you.

Rick

3 Likes

Nice! :+1: Please also post this here:

2 Likes

Seapup, I don’t understand your comment. My initial post was complete and included a photo. Here it is again:

Wyze makes a very nice solution to the problem you mentioned with having to velcro your charging station to the floor. It is a thin piece of plastic that attaches to the docking station. The vacuum pulls up onto the piece and docks easily. I had a problem with the wheels of the vacuum marring my maple hardwood floors, and Wyze sent me one of these free of charge, Instead of spinning on the floor, the wheels spin on the plastic and solved the problem. Attached is a picture.

Rick

He or she was asking you to post the same information in that other thread.

2 Likes

Integrate Wireless Network (Wif-Fi) Re-connection feature

Can you all make it to where the Wyze Robot Vacuum can automatically reconnect to a Wi-fi network its been on before when it is brought back into that Wi-fi zone and powered on (just like a laptop would do)?

I wouldn’t hold my breath! I have owned my Wyze robot 2 years and WYZE has done NOTHING about any of our request with this dumb robot. This robot has had the same firmware since I bought it. They pretty much took our money and ran. The sad part is I believed in WYZE so much I bought 4 robots and gifted them last Christmas. I won’t gift anything wzye again.

Have you tried any of the firmware updates?

Room/ Zone creation

Please allow for editing that would act like the no go or spot clean box but is for creating/editing rooms or zones.

The split room feature is impossibly difficult for me to segment the rooms accurately. I am not able to place the lives where they need to go.

However, through drawing boxes and begging boxes I can create the right shadows for my rooms.

Furthermore, if Elevation changes can be indicated on the map, I would like to zone certain areas, to be done at one time, such as stay in the rug and do the rug entirely before leaving it, or under the table while the chairs are up and then can be placed down if it stays in that zone before moving on.

This coincides with my routine request so that at certain times, I can have it go around the table, but the kitchen prep area and maybe the front door area and then go back to the charger. These are the areas that get the most dirty. Focused, orderly rather than do the whole house or whole room, when it’s key areas that will routinely need to be done rather than draw a new spot clean over and over.

Also, exclude zones for different routines. For instance, I would rather it not try to go under my bed unless I’m purposefully wanting it to. This will require moving items as needed. But if I did want to, as I do periodically, I can clean things from under an the beds and tell it to run the beds routine Ave it can go from room to room only doing those areas.

This kind of exclude zone would be different that a blanket no go zone, as it can travel over some of these, just not vacuum.

I have a rug it can go over when mapping, but cannot when vacuuming.

Maybe even having priority points per room. When the Vacuum enters that room, it will hit those areas strategically, then go on to do the whole room as it does.

1 Like

Robot Vacuum No Vacuum (not no go)

Provide an edit option much like the "no go zone ", but that is a “no Vacuum zone” rather than no go.

This would allow for travel across, but without the suction.

Application example:
I have a hallway rug that the Vacuum can cross when mapping but not when vacuuming. I can’t just no zone it, as then the Vacuum is stuck on one side or the other.

1 Like

This does not sound right. The Wyze Robot vacuum ought to be crossing your hallway rug and vacuuming it just as it crosses it when mapping it. You might want to contact Wyze Tech Support on this. If I’m not mistaken, the whole point of the Wyze robot vacuum mapping is to create a memory (memorize) of the path it is taking so it can take that same path in that area when it vacuums for the first time, second time, third time, etc. (i.e. Map Memorization).

Howdy, by crossing, I mean: capable of crossing.

When in mapping mode selection (without a suction), it travels across it fine.

With suction, every single time it gets caught up and stuck. It simply cannot get past or over the rug, that we still want, in the hallway.

I would rather just have that part of the hallway skipped without having to roll up my rug each time I need anything vacuumed, as it’s much easier to use my stick vacuum on that one spot as needed, letting the robot vacuum continue to do its thing everywhere else.

Robot vacuum cleaned room but will not add it to map.

Suggestion:
Allow for rooms to be added without having to remap the whole.

Reason:
When calling robot to spot clean, robot mapped room correctly, but did not save it.

I agree, currently the only way to add a room is to vacuum the whole house. If you hit the clean button instead of selecting rooms or spot cleaning, it will explore the new room and when done (even if you cancel the vacuum and send it home) it will ask if you want to update the map

1 Like

Yep, and if you want to do it quicker, I have some tips…

Otherwise good suggestion, it shouldn’t be so fiddly.

1 Like

:clap: Nice! That’s a great informational post. I realized I had already given it a heart in the past, but I forgot all about it :rofl:

Thanks for sending that link!

1 Like

Wyze has dropped the ball on this robot vac. I wouldn’t expect anything from them at all. 2 years waiting and still the same
Version.

1 Like

I just got the bot this weekend and while I love the LiDAR we need the ability to #editmaps the first time I mapped the house it mapped a small room but then put up an invisible wall and refused to go back in. Remapped the house the next day and it included that room but now my rooms are divided all wonky. My living room and kitchen are transitioned oddly so it would be nice to use anything other than a diagonal line to edit - also the ability to ass a room or at least remove a fake wall that isn’t there

Robot Vacuum Scan Edit Room direction displayed on App!

Model: WRV200S
Firmware: 1.6.306
Plugin Ver: 2.36.1
Wyze App Ver: v2.38.0 (153)

We need to be able to rotate the map to match what we see as the house layout. The map is correct but just needs to be rotated “SNAP” to 90, 180, and 270 deg.
Feature location: Under Map editor where you can select a room and the current options are only “Rename or Delete” the floor plan.
Thanks, Capt. Rob

2 Likes