This is what wyze does best is abandon their projects in the middle of them and move on to new projects/devices just do to that process all over again. Watch there will be a new release version of this vacuum with these features that these are plenty capable of doing, They have done it with a lot of their other devices. Hence also that you can’t even get replacement parts for these vacuums!
Unfortunately I have to agree with you! It’s been almost a year with no good updates to their robot vacuum firmware. If mine does for whatever reason I would definitely get another brand , and everyone that asks me about it (I know a lot people) I refer them to other brands because you don’t get any response back @WyzeAndy
This is a beta thread that came out over 7 months ago, so most employees won’t be following an old thread in this channel after all that time. Beta threads are even set to normally expire and lock after 3 months because they are really only intended to be short-term and temporary, for us to report bugs for them to relay back to the devs.
Wyze employees have responded many times over the summer in more relevant areas about what is going on with the Vacuum updates. The short version is that they have an update ready to go out and merge all the different beta firmware branches back together, but tests indicate that a percentage of units on some of the firmware branches will become non-responsive after the update goes public, so before Wyze pushes it out to everyone and suddenly has a bunch of people upset that their devices got bricked, Wyze is preparing the logistics. Per WyzeGwendolyn:
The reason we haven’t charged forward yet is because this is a fairly risky update for vacuums that are on one of the beta branches of firmware. Merging the code is expected to result in a portion of them becoming unresponsive so we’re making sure we have systems in place to take care of anyone impacted with a minimum of fuss on their part. At this point, I’m working with our logistics team on part of the plan.
Thanks for checking in and I apologize for the delay!
Our first goal is to mitigate the risk (the bulk of the delay on this). Our second goal is to make the best experience we can for folks that find themselves with a borked vacuum.
They’re not ignoring the Vacuum and they aren’t ignoring users asking about this, they just don’t usually respond in dead beta threads…but there is one of the latest responses quoted above…they’re just trying to make sure things can go as smoothly as possible for those who will be affected the most by the update.
That is understandable, but waiting almost a year for firmware updates… All the other competitors do much more and I went for wyze because I’m brand loyal, but getting a product and hoping that they will eventually update it’s firmware to current market features. Somewhere you have to decide going for a brand that provides updates vs being cautious not to upset their clients. Couple of months is no problem to wait, but they are going into years now which is a different story
I got updated to beta 1.6.126 in March of 2021 and have NOT been able to update firmware since then! It just constantly says it’s up-to-date.
Good luck getting any updates from Wyze regarding ANY firmware updates for the Robo vacuum. I think it will be March 2026 and there still won’t be any firmware updates available…
I have 1.6.113 and have everything setup for the beta program, but mine constantly says “up-to-date”. I bought this vac to use the multi floor mapping. I love the vacuum, it works great, but I have 3 floors and really need this.
Yup same here, I bought our vacuum couple of months ago for the same thing, @WyzeAndy any update on this.
Seriously, any update? Got this vacuum a week ago SPECIFICALLY because it mentioned multifloor. If there is gonna be radio silence on the update I might as well return this thing and buy a Roborock on sale because this thing is useless if it can’t vacuum half the house!
Probably should return it and get the Roborock. If I was still in the return window, I would. There hasn’t been a firmware update in over a year. Wyze is ignoring this product.
I’m sure someone will refute that claim, but actions speak louder than words.
I will never buy another Wyze product, except for maybe a camera.
I am fully setup for the beta of the robot vacuum and currently on 1.6.113, Are these updates still available for me? It currently tells me that I am “up to date” on firmware. If I remove the vacuum from my app and add it back(now that I am on the beta group), will it allow me to get the updated 1.6.199 and 1.6.202? I really need the multi-floor mapping and I want to test it if possible.
Is this beta firmware still available, I would love to test it out. I am on the beta group and have followed all instruction, but I can’t seem to get anything past 1.6.113
The newer versions have been paused while Wyze fixes a critical bug. If you scroll up, you can see more about this.
They are trying to get this out as fast as they can, but it’s taking a while.
For now you just gotta wait.
I’d return the robot vac if you just got it. Wyze has said a lot the last year or so, but has not delivered. I ended up replacing my Wyze with a currently on sale Roomba - it doesn’t have laser guidance but it’s room assignment/execution is superior to my older, buggy Wyze firmware. I also prefer its roller brush.
Is ther any way to get an update from wyzegwendolyn?
Jimmy and Jason have given more recent updates on this, Jimmy was just talking about this on November 8th. They are still actively working on this, seriously. But according to Jimmy’s most recent public statement (on Discord), there is a branch of device firmware that has as high as a 6/7 chance of bricking with the new update…so it is a pretty serious matter they have to work out logistics with to have replacements and whatever other responses they are preparing for those who are going to be negatively impacted so they can reduce the negative impact as much as possible with devastating losses for the customer and the company. But as far as they are talking about it, they still plan to take care of it and push the firmware update through, they just want to make sure they have everything ready first.
Sounds like they aren’t even close to a solution. This seriously is ridiculous.
yup, might be another year. My guess is they will just bring out a new vacuum and leave this one outdated, They are clearly not into vacuums and their main focus is on Cams and AI around it. so I would not hold my breath for an update anytime soon. With black Friday around the corner most of the top end vacuums ($500-$800) sells for the same price as Wyze and in some cases even cheaper. I guess you get what you pay for at the end of the day.
I really appreciate your post. Do you think that those of us that are on the last stable version(1.6.113) are in less danger of problems with the upgraded firmware when it comes out? From your message, it sounds like they are merging beta branches that were post 1.6.113 and the problems are beyond this version.
While I can’t say for certain, that is the way I am interpreting some of the comments I have read them say publicly. It SOUNDS to me (just my personal opinion) like those of you on the stable public version are more likely to have successful upgrades, and some people on one of the beta branches are more likely to be the ones with a riskier upgrade (not a guaranteed bricking issue and not ALL beta branches and not even everyone on the riskier beta branch). I don’t know that for certain, and I am not speaking on behalf of Wyze by any means, and I could be totally wrong, but that is how I have come to interpret some of the public statements regarding this issue.