Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware 1.6.199 and 1.6.202 Gradually Released! - 3/22/22

Picked mine up from Walmart last night FW is 1.6.306

Just received my two from Walmart. They are on .113. Fortunately, I plan to only use each one on a single floor.

There is the key word.

Same here. I got one Sunday from my local Walmart and opened/ran it last night I thought it was odd that it had a spot cleaning feature and ability to add more floors when all I’ve heard is complaints that those are lacking here. Just checked and I have 1.6.306 as well. I wonder if the ones that got older versions ordered from Walmart or picked up locally.

3 Likes

Would you mind doing me a favor and check model number? From your phone/tablet: Wyze app Home > your vacuum > Settings (gear icon upper right) > Device Info > Device Model. Should be something like “Wyze Robot Vacuum 200S”

Then find model number on product box. Should be something like “WVCR200S” or “WVCR200SW”.

2 Likes

On the phone it shows Wyze Robot Vacuum 200S. I will check the box when I get home from work, but it is the teal and black box I know that much.

1 Like

So is the S and SW demotion actual different models (even if the only model difference is firmware)?

Walmart have listings for both with the SW one that is at the $149 sale now and the $165 sale previously - I purchased the SW in July. So way before this new non beta firmware. But app and box say S

Walmart’s listing for the S is currently $241.39

1 Like

I really don’t know. I don’t work for Walmart or Wyze. Just wondering if the S/SW is somehow internally different or perhaps merely an indicator of preloaded firmware version.

3 Likes

It’s the S, not SW (I confirmed the vacuum shows S as well on it BTW)

2 Likes

Thank you for checking and reporting back. :+1:

1 Like

Anytime, I’m an analyst so gathering data is what I do :joy:

2 Likes

Both of my new ones are on .113 and say “S” on the box and in the app. They were ship ordered online from Walmart. Both the current “pick up from store” listing and the listing from my ship orders say “SW” though.

My old one says “S” in the app and it’s on .203 (but is an OG test unit, so that may explain that).

I’m kinda wondering if I should return the mail order ones and go pick replacements up at the store on the chance those will have .306.

3 Likes

Our local Walmart has about 20 of them, priced at $149.99
The box clearly ‘states ‘multi-floor’ when it should state ‘multi-floor capable’.

They only had about 4-5 of other brands.
I like my robot vacuum so much I almost bought a spare.

1 Like

“Capable” by definition still means it has everything necessary to do the “thing”. The only way the majority of these vacuums will clean another floor is by remapping (which means remapping every time you move it to a different floor).

Unless you’re lucky enough to be chosen for the firmware update from 9 months ago, or lucky enough to get latest version from the new releases at Walmart (look for the black/green box), these are not capable of multi-floor or spot cleaning (or do not disturb mode, which I didn’t know was a thing until reading about it on one of these forums, but now I want that more than anything).

1 Like

I called Wyze support two days ago about my robot vacuum that I bought from Walmart last week. I ordered online and had it shipped. I for the teal & white sleeve version box with 1.6.113 firmware. Support had me file a log and they said if I didn’t get the update within two days to call back. I didn’t get the update so I called back today. They had me to the same submit a NEW LOG and said to wait a couple days again. The rep said they WILL send me the firmware through the app…

I suspect I will NOT get the new firmware within that time. So what will happen is I call AGAIN…jump through the same hoops AGAIN and then it will be too late to return this vacuum!!!

Why aren’t your phone reps up to date on this issue and why aren’t they informed about how to handle it? They act like they never heard of this issue!!! You guys are remaining secret like you did when there was a data breach! Be transparent!!!

1 Like

What happens to the vacuums on the beta firmware 1.6.173? Haven’t seen an update since.

Update on my firmware…as I expected I did NOT get the update the rep told my I would get! I even waiting a couple days longer! I called back and they had me go through the whole log submission again and of course I didn’t get the update! I’m sick of the runaround!!! I can’t take my vacuum back because I can’t find the receipt!!! I am DEMANDING that Wyze replace my vacuum with one that can do everything they say it can on the box!!! @WyzeJasonJ @UserCustomerGwen I want to speak to a supervisor and get my vacuum replaced with one that works!!!

1 Like

Thank you for flagging me to this issue, I know there are different versions of firmware floating about that we hope to have corrected after the first of the year, but it was my understanding items sold at WalMart in the box that said it had it was supposed to have the newer firmware that had it. Can you give me the support ticket numbers from when you contacted support so I can escalate this issue.

1 Like

They never gave me a support ticket. The just had me submit two logs from the app. I have those numbers if they will work? The girls that I spoke to didn’t seem too knowledgeable and unsure as what to do.

Just got one of these for Christmas. Pickup at Walmart. Box clearly states multi floor mapping. Has firmware 1.6.113 with no update available in app. Rather disappointed. This is my first Wyze product and will probably by my last. Pretty terrible to list a feature on the front of the box that it doesn’t really have. Shame on you Wyze. (Box sleeve looks terrible because I folded it up).