Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware 1.6.199 and 1.6.202 Gradually Released! - 3/22/22

I’m in the same bucket, it’s now October, updates started rolling out in March, we’re 6+ months down the line and I’m still stuck on 1.6.113, what is the way forward please to get the updates?

This was the last update by WyzeGwendolyn

The reason we haven’t charged forward yet is because this is a fairly risky update for vacuums that are on one of the beta branches of firmware. Merging the code is expected to result in a portion of them becoming unresponsive so we’re making sure we have systems in place to take care of anyone impacted with a minimum of fuss on their part. At this point, I’m working with our logistics team on part of the plan.

Thanks for checking in and I apologize for the delay!

Currently we are still trying to figure everything out to minimize risk to users equipment and have replacements.


Thx I hear what your saying, and I’m glad to hear your being risk-averse, but 6-months+ to figure out a code-merge from a branch back into MAIN is pretty poor, IMO.

I bought this vacuum over a year ago because of the multi floor supposed ability. I’m a beta tester and still don’t have it. Current firmware is 1.6.113. Please update me.

1 Like

Same here. stuck on the 1.6.113 and its very disappointing to see year and a half and no update.

1 Like

On behalf of Ocili:

Wzye, come clean with us your fans, we love your products but you’ve got to come clean and tell us what is going on with this Vacuum. I don’t buy now that you’ve not been able to complete a code-merge after 9 months. If you can’t complete the code-merge, then you need to deliver an interim build to get products updated to some intermediate stable state, but not having any updates for such a long period of time is poor. You’ve appear to have continued to update all your other products, you’ve delivered lots of new h/w products, but the Vacuum must feel like a discarded friend.


I have 2 vacuums purchased this past June 2022. Im still stuck on 1.6.113 on both of them. Still no update to the spot cleaning. Come on! Dont abandon us Wyze!

Give us an update as to what is going on please.

1 Like

absolutely absurd that this still isnt available to me 9 MONTHS after it has been released. i love wyze products, but this is really making me think about spending more on something else.

Another user stuck on 1.6.113 here… Wyze doesn’t seem to care?


We do care, that is why we are making sure we have everything ready before sending the firmware update. It is a risky update, we are working to make the firmware upgrade as stable as possible but it will brick some devices, we have to have the inventory on hand to replace those devices since we will have to make it right when that happens.


Thank you for the response. The optics weren’t good to us, after 8 months to clean up the merge since the announcement, and two months since the last communication regarding progress. I’ll be happy to see the update arrive, but you’ll forgive us for questioning the progress after this much time and radio silence?

Regardless, apologies for the comment, as I’m sure you do care.

1 Like

I do fully understand the questioning, I do keep poking at the team about it. I am sorry for not circling back sooner but it was mainly because I had no new information yet. I will try to make sure I circle back more often.


dont be too apologetic. there is no reason they should not be able to develop a firmware update that would add these features without bricking devices.

Stuck on 1.6.113 here as well. Early Adopter as with many Wyze products.

Been patiently monitoring this thread but had to post now.

Frustrated with Wyze!

Has anyone been able to move up from 1.6.130 firmware to a higher version by un-enrolling from the beta group or some other way ?

Wyze team - Looks like you just released a bunch of inventory to Walmart with the latest firmware. Maybe you could have set aside a few for the beta firmware updates ?


I just had delivered today 3 new Wyze robot vacs from Walmart. I was hoping that they would be the latest firmware as others have reported, but NO. The first one I setup has 1.6.113 Grrr!. Have not setup the other two yet. Will update.

The takeaway is that NOT all the vacs from this Walmart sale have the newest firmware.


that seems to conflict with what the person below is saying. if the issue was concern with bricking devices… why then… 8 months after the improved firmware was released… are new devices being shipped with old firmware? surely the new firmware could be installed at the factory and if bricked, they could be dealt with before shipping.

glad i held off on that sale. i considered buying one for my mother, but im not about to buy a second device that isnt being supported by the manufacturer.

1 Like

So this model is not being supported? I just pulled the trigger on the Walmart deal. Should I cancel my order or are going to have a new FW update soon?

The firmware on the version at WalMart is pretty much what we were testing in beta a while back. Vacuums purchased in the past will have a trickier and more risky update so we’ve been working on a process to make it as painless as possible for folks. We’re still ironing things out but specifically don’t plan to send that out when people may want to vacuum for the holidays.

1 Like