Wyze Robot Vacuum - Alexa Voice Control Closed-group Beta Testing, Share your experience here!

Install went easy, I did have to disable and re-enable the skill one time, other than that no issues. I was able to start a general cleaning, start room specific cleaning, stop cleaning and stop cleaning using device name.

It would be great to be able to start by using the name of a saved schedule or to be able to start by saying “…clean Room1 AND Room2…”

1 Like

Yes I agree with this 100%. I have a schedule running for my vacuum at night in the high traffic areas, but have been using the alexa skill to test room cleaning rooms that I would normally select in the app 2-3x a week. I usually choose 3 rooms or so for select cleaning, so it would be nice to say “clean room1 AND room2” so I wouldn’t have to just have it do a single room when I’d like to do 2 or more.

1 Like

Yesterday, the duplications started to conflict again with Alexa’s commands, even though that there were no device duplications. Alexa response was: “I found more than one device name front door lock…”. I looked in the devices section and found only one device. I disabled the two skills and re-enable them with the same results. I disabled the skills again and just enabled the beta version - now my locks and cameras were working but the vacuum lost the ability to receive command for specific areas. It would respond to the start and stop cleaning commands but not too the "clean the office. I re-mapped and now everything works.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback

Thanks for the feedback. When you give command for specific room cleaning, what utterances do you use?

Hi Wyze Robot Vacuum Alexa skill beta testers,

We have updated our skill to version 1.1 and added more utterances including:

• Pause: The vacuum will pause onsite and you can ask to resume cleaning before it powers itself off after 6 hours
  • Continue: The vacuum will resume cleaning from the paused cleaning task
  • Status checking: You can check the status of your vacuum, whether it is cleaning, charging, returning to the charging station or something went wrong
  • Back to charging station: same as ‘Stop’, the vacuum will end the task and go back to the charging station

We also added additional utterances so now you will not have the problems if you ask Wyze robot vacuum to clean ‘my’ or ‘the’ living room. (use ‘my’ or ‘the’ before the actual name of your rooms)

3 Likes

For a specific room, I’ve been saying "Alexa, tell wyze robot vacuum to start cleaning ‘roomname’ "

Alexa, tell 'DeviceName" to start charging.

Could be difficult to differentiate the difference from charging and cleaning.

In ,
can we make the “my” to be replaced by “the”

IE: Alexa, tell “DEVICE NAME” to start cleaning “the” master bathroom.

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

More feedback. I’m using only the Beta Alexa skill - I disabled the normal Alexa Skill to prevent duplications. Everything works, except for the routines associated to my Wyze locks. I have two locks, one at my front door and the other in my garage door. When either one is “Unlocked” the lights in my hallway and foyer turn on for 30 seconds and then turn off. The lights are connected to TP-Links wireless switches. After the last Beta skill update, I lost this capability (it worked before). If I run the routine directly from Alexa “play this routine” the lights turn on - which leads me to believe that the beta skill is not communicating the instructions to Alexa correctly. All the new robot commands are working perfectly.

1 Like

I tried saying just the word “stop” instead of “stop cleaning” and nothing happened. I.e. “Alexa, ask WYZE robot vacuum to stop” should be sufficient. Having to say “stop cleaning” seems a little redundant. Also would be nice to just say the robot vacuum name instead of having to say “WYZE robot vacuum”. I would to say, “Alexa, tell Rosie to clean the kitchen” OR “Alexa, tell Rosie to stop”

2 Likes

Agree! “Stop” or “End” and being able to use the vacuum name would make it a much more natural interaction.

1 Like

I really like the voice features, I think they are good added functionality but the specific formal phrasing isn’t flexible enough (saying multiple rooms or scheduling by voice, calling the device by name, starting and stopping language) so from a practical perspective, while voice interaction works, it’s more cumbersome than simply using the app to engage the vacuum.

Off discussion, but I noticed on the new version of Android app, time sync fails on CAM PAN and V2 cameras. V3 works still

I don’t know that I agree. Since Alexa uses key words I’d assume that Wyze might be looking for more Alexa integration coming in other products, some of which might use the word “stop”.

I removed the alexa wyze-beta skill. I never got the correct email. Direct PM twice. Still nothing. Then the Vacuum beta release Thursday bricked my vacuum. New vacuum on its way courtesy of wyze.

So did the beta end for everyone? I just got an email telling me that “Beta test has ended for the Alexa skill: Wyze-beta”.

1 Like

I got the same email. I believe the initial email invite said the beta would last about 2 weeks

When will the alexa / wyze skills be implemented in public release? I miss it already!
I prefer to tell alexa to tell the vac to clean a room rather than finding my phone. Although the skill requires a less than desirable long command, I understand why it is that way at this point.
One thing that I noticed is that when beta ended (no longer available under developer tab in alexa app) ALL of my Wyze lights (white and colored) are “unresponsive” no matter what I do to remedy it. Anyone else have these issues?
Side note: We did have a hurricane in these parts over the weekend and not sure if that may have had anything to do with it, but all of my other smart devices are working beautifully within their respective apps and also from google home or alexa. EXCEPT the lights!