Wyze product updates - 02-17-2020

I thought the keypad was going to be available in February? Now two months later? Is there going to be an EA release, at least for us EA lock users stuck fumbling around with our phones? :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you @WyzeDongsheng and the rest of the Wyze Team for sharing your product plans, schedule and progress with us. Very much appreciated! :+1:

7 Likes

@WyzeDongsheng @UserCustomerGwen

Hello! Thank you so much for these updates!!

Sorry to hear about the tariffs for the lock!!

I’m so happy to hear about the Outdoor Cam! That picture quality looks really good!

Glad the Person Detection will be back soon!

Wow! I think the Wyze band is a really cool idea!!

Can’t wait for Wyze Scale!!

So… the Video Doorbell Cam will be wired.

I have some questions now:

1. Will the Outdoor Cam have person detection?
  2. If you choose to plug in the Outdoor Cam can it record to a Micro SD card?
  3. Will their be a Micro SD card slot in the Hub for the Outdoor Cameras to record to?
  4. Will Wyze Cam V2’s be able to connect to the Outdoor Cam’s Hub?
  5. Now that I know the Video Doorbell will be wired… Are you guys working on a Battery Powered Video Doorbell or planning on working on one in the future?
  6. What is the picture resolution on the Video Doorbell cam?
  7. What is the picture resolution on the Outdoor Cam?

Thank you so much!!

8 Likes

I think the band should have Google integration too bcz I’m not a Alexa guy at all only Google products and services when it comes down to os

7 Likes

Well, thanks for the update, but I’ll be honest, there was more disappointing news than good.

A smartwatch that’s only Alexa? Why? You blocked out at least half your community by declaring an assistant, and not an assistant that’s useful on the move. Seems like an odd choice, and one that means a wyze product I won’t be buying.

And a doorbell cam that’s wired instead of hybrid? You have again prevented a significant portion of customers from access to a device. You already have made devices with battery operation, why ignore that option now? Again, another device (this one I was waiting on making other doorbell purchases because of) that I will be boxed out of, like many others.

This update was unfortunate, as it seems like I might buy 2 wyze products at most this year. I was hoping to buy more, but these poor decisions are going to get you pegged as an Alexa based company. You’ll be pushing current, excited customers away with this limiting options.

I hope you change course on a few of these items, or 2020 is going to be a bummer for my smart home.

7 Likes

I wonder if the band will track elevation change. I certainly hope so or it’s not useful for activities like hiking or bicycling.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, I appreciate the transparency!

It would be super awesome if the Wyze Person Detection could kick off a different notification, via webhook or IFTTT (or similar). This would make Wyze cams a really powerful motion detection for home automation.

7 Likes

New Wyze adoptee, I like a light switch with Wyze integration. Room lights could be programmed to turn and off, plus remote dimming. Most of our room lights are not lamps.

6 Likes

I also would like to be a beta tester! Currently have a lockitron lock and the Nest doorbell came so would love to see what features yours have and be able to give any suggestions and or support

2 Likes

As a whoop user, very interested in a possible wyze band. I hope there is consideration taken in including an Heart Rate Variability metric to the device. Lots of independent research done as well as explanations of it on the whoop site if you desire more info.

2 Likes

Great work! Is there a dash cam in the future?

4 Likes

We looked at Google Home for the band but this is not an option that they are offering. At least not for us. For the moment only headphones could be integrated with google home.
I presented the project to them and even highlighted in details what we were trying to do and they said it was not supported yet.

7 Likes

Then, at that point, wouldn’t you have been better off leaving it to phone connection/ Bluetooth to use the assistant of choice via smartphone than make it Alexa based?

Unless you’re planning on make a phone free, fully featured band, in which case, you buried the lead…

This just sounds like a middle ground band, which is littered with bigger players, smaller cost options, and doesn’t sound like it fills any real need for the full wyze ecosystem.

3 Likes

There is no possibilities to include Google Home or the Google Assistant in the Wyze App, which is the way the implementation of Alexa is done. There is no possibility to include the Google Assistant or Google Home in a band. Only headphones are approved for the moment.

And for doing an audio only implementation, it would not have been approved. Again, we put the project in front of Google and they mentioned that there is no way as of today.

4 Likes

Hay @UserCustomerGwen,

Where is the timeline for the Wyze Thermostat?

3 Likes

Yeah, the band sounds like an interesting product and convenient if you don’t have your phone in your pocket. However, personally I won’t have any need or want for it since I already have an Apple watch that can control all my Wyze smart devices and all the other brands. I can even control the lock, though it’s experimental on the Beta app and not recommended by Wyze yet

2 Likes

Now I have SOOOO many questions, as I have several bands that allow Google assistant via audio. But I suspect those questions shouldn’t clog up this thread or any more of your time.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity, and I hope some of my other suggestions/ concerns are heard by the rest of the team.

Thanks, Frederik!

5 Likes

I wonder if the band will be able to be used for presence detection to trigger certain rules when home/away. Maybe by connecting to the sense bridge? That would be great for those of us that don’t want to link our router to IFTT for presence detection.

3 Likes

Wait, is this common knowledge?

1 Like

There’s a request thread about a button. If it’s programmable, then you can make it a light switch. Find the thread and give it a vote.

3 Likes