Wyze outdoor wifi coverage

@dr.know I believe you can also use it in bridge mode to work like a wifi repeater. At least thats what it said in the post I saw. I don’t have one so I’m not 100% sure.

1 Like

I have this mini router and I’ve been very happy with it. It’s no replacement for a primary router, but its value lies in its small size and OpenWRT-based firmware which makes it very flexible for whatever role you need. It works as a wireless bridge/repeater, NAT router, wireless access point, etc.

You can use it to connect to your main WiFi network and then connect the WCO base station to the LAN port so you can move the base station closer to the WCO. I’ve also used it as a wireless repeater to extend my WiFi signal before I upgraded my home WiFi.

Handy piece of equipment to have around if you like to tinker. That company makes a more expensive 802.11ac model with a similar form factor as well.

2 Likes

My base is about 100 feet from the camera and the signal indicates 100% strength. Positions are line of sight, no obstructiions.

So I have two cameras as you can see by the picture. Camera 1 gets three bars, but camera 2 only gets 1 bar. Camera 2 was at one point was getting two bars. The Wyze base station is connected via Wifi on the other side of that door about 10 feet inside of it. I get event triggers, but I wish it had better range. I am wondering if maybe the chip inside the camera is not working well since it has dropped in bars. thoughts?