Wyze outdoor cam won't power off or connect

I have had this cam in operation about 8 weeks. Charged once before. The app shows 17% battery but camera not working. The app suggest a power cycle but it won’t power down or connect to base. Don’t see a way to reset the camera.

At a loss at this point.

1 Like

Hi @stephen.froyd and welcome to the Community!
As I understand it, the camera was at 17% before you lost communication. Assume you’ve used the power switch to turn off. What is the indication that it is NOT off?

As a security measure, there is no Reset for the Outodoor Camera.

Suggest plugging the camera into the base station for charging. The App’s charge indication have been wrong in the past. Leave it charging for at least 4 hours.

When the battery drops below 20% and 10%, a push notification will be sent that says, “Low Battery. Unable to live stream.” Did you get that notification?

3 Likes

@stephen.froyd Welcome! Sorry to hear you’re having problems with your outdoor cam.

I agree charging the cam 4 hours as @dr.know has suggested is good advice.

Suggest plugging the camera into the base station for charging

What happens when you turn off the switch on the back of the cam?

1 Like

I have charged the camera for over 4 hours although not connected to the base station.

The on off switch has no effect. The solid blue light stays on no matter the position.

The Solid blue light = Camera is successfully powered and connected to the network.
The light should not be on at all if the power were off. Sounds like a defective switch!
Does the app still show 17% battery? Have you tried delete/install the app again?
Maybe time to open a Support Ticket .

Information Only: The specification for computer USB ports is to deliver 5V @ 500mA on USB Versions 1.0 & 2.0. In 2008 USB 3.0 deliver 5V @ 900mA.

Dedicated charger port (DCP) serve as a USB charger, delivering currents of 1,500mA and higher. To activate the DCP, the D- and D+ pins are internally connected by a resistor of 200 ohms or less. This distinguishes the DCP from the original USB ports that carry data.
Some Apple products limit the charge current by connecting different resistor values to the D+ and D- pins.

Thanks for the reply. The camera was plugged into the same charger I have used successfully before. The other cameras in the app work the same as always.

I’ll open a support ticket. Thanks again.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Please report back to this thread and let us know the resolution. :wink:

1 Like

Did you find a solution? Having the same issue

Checking for a solution myself. Same thing happened. I was hoping that if I left it sitting long enough the battery would die but still showing blue light on the back for over a week.

Hi @danielacker and welcome to the Forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

Not a good idea to let the battery drain down to 0%. Seen too many posts were a WOC won’t recover after draining down to zero. Charge it up and open a Support ticket: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Has anyone gotten any resolution to this? I have the same issue, where my cam outdoor does nothing when I turn the switch off. The blue LED stays lit and does not seem to power cycle at all. I opened a ticket with support, got a canned response about trying all of the trouble shooting steps from their FAQ that I had already tried and mentioned in my ticket. I replied back that none of those steps worked, and have not gotten any further response in over a week.

1 Like

Wyze support did get back to me. The Outdoor Cam V1 is out of production and stock right now, so they credited my purchase. I used that toward a V2. It looks like when you get this problem, the camera is done for and needs to be replaced.

2 Likes

I have v1 WOC with the exact same problem. Is there an easy way to get credit for this?