Wyze Outdoor Cam -- Schedule & Detect Motion BROKEN or DUMB?

Probably because your initial ask is not available today and were probably trying to get you here.

But no need on the wishlist… the ask is in beta.

Ahh Beta release. I will first do as you suggested – a complete refresh. If the problem persists i will switch over to beta – perhaps they addressed the issue there.

I actually did my test on production… and went Beta late yesterday to test the new rules Engine, ironic I know. More options. But the rules you are trying to apply are standard.

One other thing… if your WCOs are far away from base try moving them closer and see if the rule fails? Just to take possibility of distance out of the equation

If interested in beta

UPDATE

The issue persists even after a full refresh, as you suggested. Within the camera group, the signal strength is 1 bar for the Backyard Camera and 3 bars for the Front Camera.

HOWEVER …

I did create new rules for the Group and for 1 Cam that was inside the group (this 1 cam is no longer apart of the group; the group still has the the other cam). The rules are set to Power On for the Group and individual cam at the same time then Power Off for the group and cam at the same time. I have 4 separate rules to achieve the above – Group On, Group Off, Backyard Cam On, Backyard Cam Off.

It appears the app (or the Wyze service with my group setup?) is faulty – when it comes to the Group it is unable to perform any actions on it (Rule History shows Failed / Timeout). For the individual cam, Rule History shows Succeeded for both Power On and Off – yes indeed, the individual cam did turn on and off as scheduled.

I’m still messing around but it seems i must stop using Groups and have all my devices presented individually on the Home screen. Then create rules for each and every camera. This seems to solve the problem. In total I have 6 cameras and so at least 12 rules must be set.

Ok, now i’m off to try the Beta. I’ll report back.

1 Like