Wyze Lock Keypad - button beep mute (Volume Control)

I finally just removed the speaker. It is so nice and silent. Not too difficult if you have a very small philips screwdriver. Press down the tab on the top of the back to expose and remove batteries. The black trey they are in comes out by prying with a screw driver in its little gap. You can then remove all 8 screws (the corners are longer. Pull the two parts apart to expose the speaker (little black box). Use screw driver to pry the top off the black box and remove the magnet and foil. Stop when you see the copper coil. Then put it all back together. Be sure the battery tray is put back in the right direction.

4 Likes

Please provide a way to Disable Beeps on the Wyze Lock Keypads! The beeps are super loud, annoying and not necessary. In apartment hallways these are amplified.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: HMS Keypad - Provide ability to adjust volume

+1 for volume control and/or mute

1 Like

Great tip, I just did this and it worked great. No more beeps and keypad works like normal. You do need very small bits, I used a PH00 bit

I agree with volume control, BUT, if sound is “muted” completely or “off”, I would suggest a way for the back light to let the user know a button has been pressed. There is a number in my 4-digit code that often doesn’t register, and the “beep” is how I know it didn’t register. :slight_smile:

I tried getting the keyboard apart after taking the 8 screws out and I am not having success. Any tips on getting the 2 halves apart?

After getting the 8 screws out and the battery holder I was able to separate the two pieces by getting a flat head screwdriver and putting it on the top of the speaker and prying the small half down. There are two clips on each end that keep the halves together. Also there is a small gasket that needs to be put pack before putting the 2 halves back together. The speaker box does have a top that come off. I used my Leatherman pliers then take out that thin metal top. I just threw the top and metal top of the speaker out then put everything together. No beep.

Thanks! Just destroyed the speaker. Where I live is quiet and cold/dense air. Amazing how piercing the beep was outside at night.

Yes, please, please, please! I have several locks and keypads installed and the beeping can be heard by all my neighbors. I would love to be able to mute it or lower the volume via the app. It’s a very shrill tone - way too loud and annoying.

Had anyone tried pouring hot glue over the speaker to mute it, not just destroy it?

I vaguely remembering placing my thumb over the speaker port and deciding that was not quiet enough so I went ahead and destroyed the speaker. The keyboard is still working fine without the speaker. The keyboard turns green with the correct code or red with the incorrect code so that is good enough for me. Guessing hot glue may be permanent too since that might not come off very easy if you decide to remove the glue later