Wyze Garage Open Halfway?

Hello all,
I had a question about the wyze garage door opener. I don’t have it yet, looking to see if it can do something specific.

Can I open the garage door only to a certain level? For example with my Liftmaster remote, I can press the button once to start opening and right away to stop it. So I want to only partially open the garage door to let a pet out.

Most garage door openers will let you do that. I have no idea it the Wyze opener will - I don’t have one.

Yes, the Wyze Garage Door Controller will let you do a partial open:

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. I got it this week and it has work well for partially opening the garage door.

1 Like

Hi, how do you get it to open only partially? When I press the controller, it counts down from five and will only open or close. if I try to press the controller during the opening or closing. it doesn’t do anything.
We got this, so we could leave it partially open for our cat

Hi, how do you get it to open only
partially? When I press the controller, it counts down from five and will only open or close. if I try to press the controller during the opening or closing. it doesn’t do anything.
We got this, so we could leave it partially open for our cat
[/quote]

I didn’t do anything special. I press the app button to start the opening, and once it starts I press the same button to stop it. See the video above.

Can you partially open the garage door using the old wall-mounted button?

It really only works or best done when opening the garage and not when closing it. But you should really try if you can do this with your normal garage controller.

With my normal garage controller I press the button to open and once the door is about 5 inches up, I press the button to open again and the door stops at the point.

I do the same with the Wyze Garage Controller. I press the button once and right away press it again as their is a slight delay in the command reaching the Wyze Garage Controller. If I mess up, i let it open completely and then close it and try again. But when opening I never get the 5 second delay with flashing lights. Normally that only happen when closing as a warning in case anyone near by.

Hi, yes, I can partially open with my in garage controller. But on the Wyze app, when I hit the open or close button, it gives me a 5 second count down while opening or closing. But won’t do anything until the countdown has ended even though the door is still in motion & when I press it again it starts the countdown again & just reverses the action. It will just keep opening & closing, but It won’t stop midway. We Want to be able to do it while we are away for our cat to get in & out.