Wyze Floor Lamp Preorder Gift: A bulb cover? Uh uh, it is a Retro Projector

Hi, Wyze Floor Lamp customers!

Thanks for your patience with our shipping! For everyone that preordered, we’ve added a bonus gift to add some fun to your lamp - a Retro Projector! It consists of 3 parts: A fresnel lens, double-sided tape, and cardboard. You can use this projector to create different lighting scenes using our included templates or come up with your own!

We have 3 templates that were included in your purchase. There’s a birthday pattern, a love pattern, and a blank template for you to make your own design.

Here is also a how-to video:

It is VERY important to remember that the Retro Projector should only be used for a maximum of 15 minutes at a time to prevent overheating. It also isn’t designed for children under the age of 12. If you’re using this with your kids, please make sure they don’t touch the Retro Projector when it is on the lamp.

If you’re interested, we’d love for you to share with us how you use the Retro Projector, how you feel about it, and any templates you may have created yourself! As an example, here’s a picture of my cat with the love template! :smiley:

And as always, if you have any trouble with this product, please reach out to our support team so we can lend a hand.

support.wyze.com

Have a great day!

Amanda: Product Manager of Wyze Floor Lamp

7 Likes

What could possibly go wrong. :wink:

So cool, this kitten is so cute. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Looks like @Mingjia is reading the forum :smiley:

Seriously?

Love the projector idea. But I had no idea that that extra piece was double-sided sticky, since it isn’t mentioned on the envelope at all… Glad I read this entry.

1 Like

One other thought: I have it all assembled (with some trouble on the lens tape.) Tried it out briefly, but I have no idea what the intended throw of the projector is. What is the range of distances this is supposed to work at? I can see that it is working, but I’ll need to move the lamp to some place where I have better access to white surfaces so knowing the distance would help.

You may try to adjust the outter housing to focus the image.

While I appreciate this gesture, the Fresnel lense will be used in a survival kit rather than risking mounting it on cardboard and my memory that it is …engaged… until my smoke detector reminds me, lol

Thanks for the extra 2 sided tape.

1 Like

The retro projector seems king of cool but in all honesty I’m not quite sure how to put it all together. Especially the part that holds the lens. Would someone be so kind as to explain it to me like I’m a 5 year old? I’m actually embarrassed to ask this question considering I put ikea furniture together and I build my own computers. :dizzy_face:

The diagrams aren’t bad. One key is realizing that the brown circular piece is double sided sticky tape. This is essential to installing the lens, for example. The sticky part is VERY thin and VERY STICKY. Beware.

1 Like

There is a brown pad that three pieces of double-sided tapes, the circle one goes to the lens.

1 Like

Thank you Bill!

We sent a retro Projector manual email. Didn’t you receive it?

I don’t think so. I read email from Wyze pretty carefully.

Kind of bummed out because mine doesn’t have the pieces. I got just the cardboard bit, and not the lens, tape, or film patterns. I did however receive multiple copies of the quick start guide for some reason…

@AmandaM
Anywhere I can pick up the missing pieces?

Bummer. Let me check with the team and see if we have some spare ones. Sorry about it!

Well, you can have my spare parts since they are basically useless at this point. Since there were zero instructions and no mention whatsoever of the adhesive on how to attach the lens I had to figure it out for myself. Unfortunately going in blind didn’t help finding out the double sided sticky that holds the lens in was a bear to deal with. Therefore it ended up all over the lens, my hands, the table and rendered the thing basically useless. You are welcome to my film patterns. The lens is caked with adhesive so unfortunately you have to clean off with chemicals and try to save. Probably not worth it. Complete instructions and warnings of adhesive to attach lens would be helpful to others. Other than that they are now garbage. Thanks

We did send out an email to all the lamp buyers for a complete instruction on this retro projector, did you not get it?

Also, do you want me to resend you a unit? I am trying to get some from the team and may have extra units to send soon.

1 Like

I am trying to get some extra units for the Retro Projector, I will let you know when we have them on hands so I can send you one.