Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

Chromecast is within 10m of router. Streaming one at a time.

360p hack works for me! Still do not think that it’s a bandwidth issue, since streaming in HD goes fine in the app.

1 Like

Agreed, its seems more like an optimisation issue than anything else.

I had no issue linking to Home and adding my cameras to rooms. I am constantly getting the “It looks like the stream is currently unavailable from the Driveway”, etc. I’m using my Google Home Hub and saying “Show the driveway camera” The camera is named Driveway. it is doing the same thing if I use the hub to navigate to the room and click on the camera.

To address the bandwidth problem:

Any help is appreciated.

2 Likes

I tried to link to Google and I keep getting a Failure, check your connectivity. I’m 10’ from the router and all cameras are working fine and Google is working fine with everything else. Any ideas?

1 Like

I’m also on day 3 of the exact same issue. Ugh.

So happy this was finally released! Unfortunately, the integration still seems to be a bit buggy. For instance, when I stream our baby cam, it’s very spotty and after about a minute or two of streaming, it just stops. We have to keep turning the stream back on if we want to see the baby cam stream.

Ok. I went nuclear. I deleted all my cameras and sensors. Deleted all my Home integrations. The added Wyze account and everything back one at a time. It appears I’m up and running.

working in uk

Is there a reason it even takes 12-15 seconds to show the stream, when it takes only a few seconds using the Wyze app?

This works very well with my cams. Now I need to upgrade a few of the older units to key positions. The price is perfect for upgrading old to new and then use older in a different way.

congratulation. I have 2 wifi network, google wifi (mesh) and the another mesh network.
is it more appropriate and better connection if i connect my wyze cameras with google wifi.

I don’t know the technical answer personally, but it has to do with the time it takes for the camera to convert the stream into a format that Google can “cast”, and cloud transmission. Currently they are using mpeg-dash, which was necessary due to issues with audio stability, but hope to utilize webrtc, which they hope will reduce lag significantly. This means nothing to me, but I am just regurgitating what I read from a Wyze employee. It will take months (maybe end of year) before this integration could be done since it completely changes the infrastructure.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen
Works in Canada. For camera on same wifi and remote cameras. Obviously, anything that can reduce the delay to get the stream displayed is welcome.

Enhancement request #1: Can the integration be set-up to allow push events for multiple camera to be cast to the Smart Display for the duration of the event clip. Ideally with an announcement sound chime that is a set-up parameter.

1b) A further enhancement would be to seamlessly switch to live stream at end of clip, possibly with a voice command.

1c) It would be great to be able to touch the Smart Display and have a two way voice conversation. (I suspect that the delay may make this unworkable).

Enhancement request #2: Allow a group to be streamed to the Smart Display (i.e. split screen) like in the Wyze App.

Basically, key functionality that would be available from the Wyze App on a tablet but through a smart display. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was hoping I would be able to turn off/on a Cam with my voice but I guess this can only view the video. Disappointing.

what is the solution for this message. Thanks.

1 Like

Completely avoiding the reason we have to go with zmodo and other systems where we can access all the streams and features from a web browser on any device such as smart tv or PC. Too bad, this is the only gap steering us to competitors.

Works with my Google Mini and Chromecast. I just say OK google cast bird cam and I get my backyard on my TV in the media room, how cool is that.

2 Likes

Having the same issue

This worked, yet took a while to actually load the stream, on the first day I tried it.

On subsequent attempts to view any of my Wyze cams on any of my Google Home Hubs I get the reply “It looks like the stream is currently unavailable from {camera name]”.