Wyze Employee Spotlight - Sissi Zhang

Name: Sissi Zhang
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Team: Product Engineering
Role: Software Product Manager

1. Why did you choose Wyze (Why Wyze)?
I have always been passionate about IoT devices and smart home systems. My master’s degree from CMU was in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and I have done a few cool projects about IoT devices back in school. Wyze caught my eyes while I was job hunting because it is building all different types of smart home devices at a more reasonable price point. I would love to be part of it. On the other hand, I really enjoy working in a startup environment, while I can work closely with other people who share the same interest in building smart home systems to make people’s life easier.

2. What team are you on and what do they do?
I work as a Software Product Manager on the Software Platform team! The four major focuses on our team are Platform App, Platform Capabilities, Product Integrations, and Data and Metrics. We work with different teams and provide the Wyze experience as a whole on the platform level.

3. How long have you been with Wyze and what do you do here?
I’ve been at Wyze for 1.5 years. My responsibilities mostly relate to the Platform App and its corresponding data & metrics. Platform App includes features of the Wyze iOS and Android App on the platform level. For example, Widget on iOS 14 and Android, Notification Management, Feedback & Support on Wyze App, etc.

4. What’s your favorite thing about working at Wyze?
As a software PM at Wyze, I can be the product owner to create features and provide capabilities to help solve customer problems and change people’s daily life. In addition to that, I have the chance to work with other people from different departments who are passionate about smart home technologies.

5. How have Wyze product(s) impacted your life?
Wyze smart home devices simplify my daily life. I use the ‘Auto-Unlock’ feature of my Wyze Lock to automatically unlock my door when I come back home. And also, I set up a Device Trigger using Wyze Lock and Wyze Bulb together, so that if I go back home at night, my light will turn on automatically. All my Wyze devices can work together seamlessly and make my life easier.

6. What is something that was discussed in one of your team slack channels this week?
We just released a new SMS channel in the app to keep our users updated regarding the latest Wyze News and Promotions in the 2.22 app release. We are continuously monitoring new user signups through our user engagement platform.

7. What is something Wyze related that only you or your team know about?
I’m working on a new feature on the Wyze app to help our users learn more about our Wyze app and Wyze devices. Currently we have so many cool features that our users have not taken full advantage of. With this feature that I’m working on, users will be able to make better use of their Wyze devices.

8. What did you do this week at work?
Our whole product engineering team had a knowledge sharing session last Friday. We also did group testing on our new products (sadly I cannot tell you guys what they are).

9. What was your biggest win at Wyze so far?
So far, me and my team have done many cool features in the Wyze app. But I guess for me, there is no way to pick one single biggest win among all of them. I would say that my biggest wins are building new app features in each app release and seeing our users enjoy using them.

Wyze is growing! If you’re interested in joining a team of innovators, tech enthusiasts, and all-around cool people, check out our opportunities here: Wyze Careers.

21 Likes

Always nice learning about Wyze employees!

6 Likes

Glad you are on board and working on the Wyze App. I have converted to a Wyze only infrastructure in my home, in-laws, and Nephews house. It is always great to see the improvements being made. Looking forward to Dark Mode, tablet options and enhancements to the rules area.

As a beta tester for the App and Firmware, it is always nice to see a face to the products. Thanks for all you and Wyze have done and are doing.

5 Likes