Wyze Employee Spotlight - Kim Jin

Name: Kim Jin
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Team: Product Team
Role: Product Manager

1. Why did you choose Wyze (Why Wyze)?

I have wanted to serve people with great products since I was 16. I’ve been working as a product manager ever since I left school. And I could NOT pass up the opportunity to build great Wyze products for Wyze users. The first time I applied to Wyze, I didn’t get in. Half a year later I applied again, and I never regretted it.

2. What team are you on and what do they do?

I’m on the Product Team. We build and improve our products :slight_smile:

3. How long have you been with Wyze and what do you do here?

I’ve been at Wyze for almost two years. I am a product manager and I build products here. Together with the team, I worked on Wyze Headphones, Wyze Plug Outdoor, Wyze Plug (2021 version), Wyze Bulb Color, and Wyze Buds Pro. It’s been a wild ride!

4. What’s your favorite thing about working at Wyze?

I love hearing stories of how users use my products! And at Wyze, users are our friends. It melted my heart when a friend of ours shared how Wyze Headphones helped her son cope with autism. It cracked me up at work when I saw our friend Faith had her cat statue holding the Wyze Buds Pro. I can go on and on… there’re so many stories.

Faith’s Wyze Buds Pro post

Of course, my second favorite thing about working at Wyze is that I can tell mom and dad I actually built something people like :slight_smile:

5. How have Wyze product(s) impacted your life?

They impacted me personally in a funny way. After covid-19 (the other covid-19), I use Wyze Scale everyday now… It’s been super helpful!

Wyze is growing! If you’re interested in joining a team of innovators, tech enthusiasts, and all-around cool people, check out our opportunities here: Wyze Careers.

14 Likes

You’re awesome @Kimj I love when you’re in charge of a product that launches because you are known to go out of your way to interact, communicate and answer questions. You’re so friendly, approachable, and helpful and reliable and that is all very appreciated, and so you are a great example and influence for other employees, and you make us customers and community members comfortable and happy when you’re involved.

Thanks for sharing that picture from Faith, The cat statue is awesome…also, I haven’t seen an old school corded phone in over a decade, so that is a funny sight too!

Have your parents used any of your products? They should see for themselves what great work you’ve done. Maybe a future gift?

I love all the products you’ve been a part of. Keep up the great work!

8 Likes

@Kimj , I have to say that I have been impressed with Wyze for sometime and have most of the product line. I can honestly say that the products you mentioned:

I have and use quite often. I am impressed with the quality and functionality of the products. As mentioned elsewhere, there are some issues with the bulbs and can’t wait for the reported firmware updates.

Wyze made a good choice by bringing you on, and I am sure your parents are very proud of you and your accomplishments.

Cannot wait to see what products you will be providing in the near future: Care to share anything you may be working on that is forthcoming? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Kimj! I didn’t recognize your ID at first, but now am thrilled. Thanks for all you do! It was like only your 4th post as a newbie that you posted a solution to a very weird issue of mine (most can’t see that, it was in a private convo), and I appreciate it so much!

Look forward to talking to you again! :grin: :+1:

3 Likes