Wyze Earbuds Pro short battery life

I get about 2.5 hours of battery life with ANC and using the earbuds on Zoom calls paired with a Mac. This is far cry from the advertised 4.5 hours with ANC.

I reported the problem to Wyze support, who nicely sent me a new pair of Earbuds Pro and let me keep the old ones. The new pair suffer from the same battery issue: 2.5 hours max when used on Zoom or Teams calls. So yes, they solved the problem heuristically as the combined time of the two earbuds is now about 5 hours…

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

1 Like

Yep. My wife has mentioned the poor battery life compared to her airpods and Alibaba Tozo ear buds. She needs the noise cancellation at night to drown out the highway noise. We live about 1/4 mile from a busy 4 lane highwayx (55/70) that has a lot of truck traffic, it wasn’t so bad when we moved in 40 years ago. I attribute some of the increased noise to more people buying stuff online.

Having hearing loss does have benefits,

Same problem here. I was expecting 5-6 hours as advertised but was getting about 2.5 hours from 100-10%. I didn’t think that the ANC made any appreciable difference. I mostly use I bud at a time for podcasts but both were doing the same thing.
I sent Wyze screenshots of the battery levels showing the time that they were at 100% and then 10%. Wyze didn’t have an answer but did send me a gift certificate for the price of the earbuds.
What’s a bit annoying is that I can get these on Amazon for cheaper with free shipping but I didn’t bother to check if the gift card code would work on Amazon. Only thought of trying that after the fact. I really doubt that it would work though.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue with mine. I ordered them on May 20th and I’ve used them maybe 20 times here at work. They are linked to my laptop and I get about 3 hours 45 minutes of use before they are dead.

I’ve contacted support twice, once was told to monitor them with ANC turned off, which it always has been. After monitoring the time was still the same. Second tech told me that because I leave the case plugged in all the time that I have degraded the battery life of the case and the headphones because they do not have any type of overcharge protection.

Interesting reply. First, I have never left the case plugged in and I don’t even get 3 hours.
Second. If that’s true then the buds are doomed for failure as soon as you get them because just being in the case means they are always being charged. Should we take them out once fully charged? I don’t think so.