Wyze Doorbell not streaming to Google Hub

I have been trying to stream the Wyze Doorbell Cam to my Google Home hub. All I get is a black screen. I have tried everything with out success. Any suggestions would be great. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed with out success.

2 Likes

I purchased the WYZE doorbell today and installed it. I had the same issue and contacted WYZE Tech Support. Jun Bert from tech support said that at this point in time the integration with Google hub streaming is in progress and there is no ETA.

2 Likes

I also just installed the Wyze doorbell this weekend.
All I see on the Google Hub is a black screen and “Wyze-Cam” on it.
Can someone please resolve this?

3 Likes

Same issue. Other Wyze cameras stream but not the doorbell

2 Likes

Really, at this stage, this is false advertising from their behalf. I’ve been dealing with such problems for over a year… incl. from the Wyze Watch and the Wyze Scale (they stopped communicating/syncing with the Google ecosystem, such as health apps, etc. … I noticed most of these problems started after receiving updates from Wyze…

… Their support, while polite, are useless when it comes to tech-support… they just seem to read stuff from scrips and don’t use an iota of critical thinking for troubleshooting. I’m an IT professional (20yrs), and I have been developing and bench-marking smart-home appliances for a long time… I was evangelizing Wyze since the beginning, but I stopped doing so over the past five months.

I spent hundreds of dollars on their tech and Google’s (several Hubs) because theirs advertised full integration/compatibility with Google’s (which I did research before spending my hard earned cash to add convenience to my life… the latter just turned into frustration).

Wyze! please get your act together! There is so much that being polite with customers will get you! Get the tools you’re developing and selling working! It neither seems that your people are proactive, nor feel any sense for urgency from where we (your loyal customers, stand (I’ve read thousands of comments over the past year), and I’m getting the impression that you want us to solve your problems ourselves (“the Wyze community”). What’s going on?!

1 Like

Aha. I thought that I was the only customer who had issues with wyze products. Now I know that Wyze made me feel that way. May be there are more Wyze customers who walked away for the inconveniences and frustration caused by Wyze. I have 10 Wyze outdoor cameras and video doorbell as paper weight. They are good for nothing. They record incidents sporadically. Hence, it’s not reliable. Initially, I used to recommend Wyze products due to their hype. But I stopped when I practically experienced so many issues. I have gone back to Google. Although, Google products are expensive, they’re reliable as Google camera records every single incident for me. Also, I can watch the Google camera on Google hub. Overall, I am happy that I walked away from Wyze. I don’t recommend Wyze camera.

1 Like