Wyze DB casting to tv or Google hub when doorbell rings

Wyze DB casting to tv or Google hub when doorbell rings

1 Like

I can’t tell if this is a request or a statement of what you did.

If it is a request, I know Google said a while ago they were going to start allowing 3rd party doorbell companies to do this (ie: built-in compatibility to be able to do this). I don’t know where the implementation on that stands, but it is something Google wanted to work on allowing an API for. I am guessing that they put that on hold to instead have that integrated into their Matter support instead now. The first iteration of Matter is supposed to launch the end of this year, but Matter is initially not scheduled to support cameras, so I don’t think auto streaming Doorbells will be supported right away either. But it is my guess that this capability will eventually come through the Matter project.

If you want a more complex way of doing this, you can search for how to do webhooks to make it happen now. You can use third party integrations like IFTTT and even Tasker to watch for a trigger like a notification of someone pushing the doorbell, then have it force stream the doorbell to the google hub. I did this a couple of years ago for a while, so I do know it works to do so, but it is WAY too complicated for the majority of people to figure out how to do it. I think I made a walk-through on here somewhere ways back.

1 Like