Wyze Community Survey July/August 2022

I’ll pretend to be more FOCUSED so as not to alert @newshound. :roll_eyes: :wink:

(Rude not to directly respond to a direct question… FOCUS  frog! )

So far I give you a 10 on @antonius 's 0-10 scale and a YES on my binary one. You are doing quite well for someone from… ! :slight_smile:

Did anyone debate the merits if ‘10’ on a 0-10 or ‘yes’ on a binary scale is better?

1 Like

-sighs- Well, at least I remembered it wasn’t /wyze.

Fixed!

2 Likes

No taking it twice! Though thanks for being willing to. There will be another later this year with all the fixes from this round. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Some of the negative questions really made me think to make sure I was answering accurately.

4 Likes

Nope. Interesting question though. :bulb:

Linked it in the other thread. :slight_smile:

Can you share a surprise you experienced in the results of a previous survey? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing was too surprising last time, to be honest. We had a lot of validation for things we thought would come through. I think the biggest surprise was how few people filled it out from specific platforms. Core had WAY more data than the rest so segmentation was super necessary to look at the sentiments from other areas.

3 Likes

I love it that you’re honest. :hugs:

1 Like

Just a nit that bugs me on all surveys and forms. “White” is a color, not an ethnicity. Also, the education should be a “Select all that apply”.

For the highest level of education completed, that one would need to be a single choice. If it asked what education someone had completed, I would agree with you. But this one is looking for a single answer.

For the ethnicity question, I hear ya. But most Americans don’t want the granularity of, “Welsh, German, English…” So I went with what the Census apparently does:

" The Census Bureau defines White people as follows: “White” refers to a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East or North Africa. It includes people who indicated their race(s) as “White” or reported entries such as German, Italian, Lebanese, Arab, Moroccan, or Caucasian ."

Do you have a suggestion for that question that you would like for me to consider instead? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

For education, “highest” implies an ordering that may differ for different people. For some of us who went for breadth, instead of depth (trade school, military, Associate’s Degree, and two BS), the most important degree varies with what we are doing.

As for “white”, the definition is so broad as to be almost meaningless. And, I would assume a lot of people with a North African heritage may take umbrage at the definition. Again, my main bitch with “white” is that it is a color used to define ethnicity, whereas most of the other categories are geographically based.

I realize that German, Swedish, English, Scot with rumors of French, vehemently denied, is a bit too much for the form.

1 Like

Interesting, not a problem I have, but quite interesting… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll consider that change for the education! I appreciate you bringing it up. You’re right that I was looking at a hierarchy that ignores the importance of trade school and military education if someone also goes the BA/BS, etc. route. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you have a suggestion for another way to ask the other question? Not everyone who would select “white” on a form falls under “Caucasian” so that’s why I avoided that phrasing. I’d be delighted to consider alternatives.

3 Likes

Anyone who was curious about some of the findings from this survey may view a little summary taken from this week’s fireside event here:

2 Likes