Wyze Car App Bricked My Cams?

1000%. I even took a camera apart. The chip on the back is boiling hot. It’s like it’s stuck in a reboot loop. The IR filter solenoid keeps clicking on and off every few min.

I found 3 v2 and an outdoor cam for $100 on fleabay that are arriving today. I’m going to see if I can copy the bootloader from one to any of my bricked cams.

Then I will use a non beta App to set up the cams. Hopefully it works. I may even skip the App setup and load the firmware for the car immediately.

Just really bummed at the lack of support. When I started a chat yesterday the rep was cagey(blaming the power cord) until I started showing the reddit threads and other links to folks having this problem. Then I was offered $10 for my troubles. Down three cams, a useless car …roughly $150 worth of gear and $10 was the offer. I politely declined.

As it stands now, I’m waiting for a reply to the email where I sent them the Mac ID/serial numbers of the cams.

All I want from Wyze is a way to reload the firmware that works when the cams have corrupted bootloader’s. At least that’s what it seems like.

I feel like this is the lightbulb all over again…

Thanks for the suggestions :smile: