Wyze camv2 stopped working with Amazon Alexa windows app

I have a wyze cam in my kids room, the Amazon echo devices will display that cam upon request. But I can’t take the echo devices to work nor my wife. Amazon also has an Alexa PC app, we downloaded Alexa PC app and installed and it work GREAT!! We both could check in on the kids while we are at work (2 months) However all of a sudden it stopped working with the wyze cam. I reinstalled Alexa PC app, no luck, I called Amazon and spent an hour with a rep who finally said I need to contact WYZE. SO, HERE I AM… HELP

Actually, this is a user-to-user forum. Unless another user has a solution to your issue, you may want to contact Wyze here:

Customer Support

There are many ways to contact Wyze. Their phone number is (206) 339-9646, or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site.

They’re open for support between 4 am-8 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am-4 pm PT Saturday.

1 Like

A lot of us have had very mixed results with the Alexa Win10 app and Wyze. It just stops working.

You’re probably a lot better off using the regular Wyze app on any smart phone or tablet (Android or iOS).

For PC use there is finally a web version but it is currently a paid beta feature.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @mbkobra.

Just spitballing here… Used to work but now doesn’t, did you by chance change your Amazon or Wyze password that might affect the connectivity of the Wyze skill in Alexa?

1 Like

No, I did not change the password

would you post a link to the paid beta

You just need to pay for CamPlus service on each camera.

1 Like

I see your question was for V2’s but also keep in mind the Wyze Cam Outdoor cameras are not compatible with this service. And if you have more than 5/6 Cameras, there is better value in the CamPlus Unlimited.

1 Like

Just to be clear the camera I have is " [Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor WiFi Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant]" if it works on Amazon Echo show with is running of the alexa app then I think it should also run on the Alexa app (dispite the app is on a PC)

The cam IS NOT a V2 in the title was an error, above is the discription from the Amazon ad I purchased it from

Just to be clear the camera I have is " [Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor WiFi Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant]" if it works on Amazon Echo show with is running of the alexa app then I think it should also run on the Alexa app (dispite the app is on a PC)

The cam IS NOT a V2 in the title was an error, above is the discription from the Amazon ad I purchased it from

I’m starting to agree with you more and more. I may just give the cam to my brother and buy another ring cam.

Couple of things going on here. Your description could apply to the V1, V2, or V3 but is most likely a WyzeCam V2. The new beta web view should work with a V2 or V3 if you are paying for CamPlus on that camera. The Alexa support is separate, and free when it works.