Wyze camera feed to Roku

Does Wyze have any plans to integrate their cameras into Roku or some other streaming device so we can setup a TV monitoring station at home?

2 Likes

No plans on special integration with individual brands.

Instead, Wyze intends to support the Matter standard in the future, and so other companies that are also Matter compliant will be able to do things with Wyze devices based on whatever the Matter Alliance develops as a possibility.

So it is possible that cameras will be able to work on things like Roku in the future if Roku is Matter compliant, and whenever Matter develops support for cameras (they haven’t done so yet), and depending on which Wyze cameras can support the Matter standard (not all will be capable).

2 Likes
13 Likes

Vote for the above :point_up_2: :grin:

2 Likes

Well the whole time they told us it wasn’t possible. Lies… I’m disappointed in this copy. They could have offer any user who wanted their camera to port over to ROKU Smart Home App to pay a fee and update your firmware for that system. Instead they chose to rebrand their cameras as ROKU, but do the same thing as CAM Plus. Don’t tell us it’s not possible, its right here…
ROKU - WYZE branded new cameras

3 Likes

I wish I can trade in my 10 Wyze cameras for Roku branded ones so I can view the streams on my Roku TVs.
Or Wyze should release their own app for Roku since obviously this is possible…

5 Likes

I completely agree! With the growing availability of various apps on Roku, it’s a bit of a letdown that Wyze isn’t there yet. Adding a Wyze app for viewing cameras on Roku would be a fantastic and highly-anticipated addition. Starting with just the view option is a great approach, ensuring that Wyze users can easily monitor their cameras from their TV screens. It would definitely enhance the Wyze experience for Roku users. Let’s hope Wyze considers this suggestion for future improvements!

1 Like

I am 100% with you. I converted to Roku from Amazon Fire and now can’t
see any of my 6 cameras on the TV. A proprietary platform always loses in the end. I was previous able to see all my Wyze cameras on Amazon Firesticks and now I’ve got zilch except a phone app to view them on. Clearly the Roku cameras are the same hardware. How does keeping the two platforms separate benefit both Roku and Wyze??? Wyze obviously has an OEM dealing going with Roku…why not open things up and let both platforms take on the competition together?