Wyze Cam V3 not recognizing SD card

I was able to get a log file. I formatted the disk in the V3 and the format failed and the V3 would not see the card to write to it. I formatted the same card in my Vantrue camera plugged it into the V3 and it wrote a the log file attached.

(Attachment log_2CAA8EE7BC12_20201211155216_s.txt is missing)

I was able to get a log file. I formatted the disk in the V3 and the format failed and the V3 would not see the card to write to it. I formatted the same card in my Vantrue camera plugged it into the V3 and it wrote a the log file attached.

(Attachment log_2CAA8EE7BC12_20201211155216_s.txt is missing)

When the log file was created with the app it should give you a Log number and send you an eMail with the number as well. Post that to your Support ticket for them to review.

I submitted a log file. To get the log file I had to format the card on the V3 and the format failed and the V3 couldn’t see the card. I then took the card out of the V3 and reformatted it in my Vantrue car DVR, put the card back in the V3 and it wrote the log file and started using it.

Hi @bumbulbe The Log file geerated from the app is not the camera’s log file on the uSD card.
You should have received an eMail with the subject, “Thank you for submitting this log. What’s next:”

The body of message will look like:

Please note that this email address is not monitored. If you currently have an open ticket with a Wyze Wizard, please reply back to that ticket with this ticket number 12345. This will help us get your log to the right place.

Don’t have a ticket open with us? Please reach out to our support team by visiting https://support.wyzecam.com and clicking the Support button on the bottom right. You’ll be able to browse our support content, and reach out to our Wizards team directly for additional help.

Thank you for being a part of Wyze.

Sincerely,
The Wyze Team

Open a Log File Detail

• Open you Wize Application on the smart phone. Open the camera you want to report.
    From the Live Stream view of your camera, press the gear icon :gear: on the top right of that screen.

• Scroll down to Wyze Support

• Hit> Submit a Log → Micro SD Card Performance → Submit a Log

• Here you can add: “Description”, “+” to attach photo, add optional “Phone #” and “Name”

• Then hit the Submit bar on the bottom and wait for transfer to complete.

• Record the 5 digit Log Ticket Number

1 Like

I did the test again and submitted my log file thru the app.

Thanks

1 Like

Good job @bumbulbe! :+1:
You can post your Support Ticket # and Log Number here in this thread.
Just send as a reply to WyzeGwendolyn’s request (post #14 in this thread).
That’ll get your ticket expedited. :four_leaf_clover:

1. Card from a v2 inserted that was working

Hi Chris South,
Please generate the log file just after the card failure in the V3.
Send the Log number as a reply to WyzeGwendolyn ’s request (post #14 in this thread).
Gewndolyn doesn’t usu monitor this thread.

Thanks!

Wyze ticket 907595 log reference 73774.

1 Like

Wyze ticket 907595 log reference 73774.

1 Like

Log file 73817.
Card from a v2 camera inserted that was working, but got message “microSD card not found” when insterted in v3 camera

1 Like

I use Class 10 Cards from Amazon which come in a 5-pack for $25 total. Just got more, and they run perfectly in all my V3’s

Amazon.com: Gigastone 32GB 5-Pack Micro SD Card, Camera Plus, Nintendo Switch Compatible, High Speed 90MB/s, Full HD Video Recording, Micro SDHC UHS-I A1 Class 10: Computers & Accessories

my cards would not be read so I stuck it into Mac and realized they came formatted as ex-fat so once reformatted to Fat32 worked fine

1 Like

Thanks you for posting that coment @pgjames and welcome to the community forum! :slightly_smiling_face:
You are doing well my friend. :four_leaf_clover:

Log 80562 & 81642
My #1-V3 camera was working fine with an SD card for a almost a couple of months on continuous record.

Then it just stopped continuous record. “microSD card not found”
I cannot format it from the camera itself as it no longer sees the card.

This camera is mounted on the 2nd floor outside so getting to it just to remove the card or to even delete / rejoin the device is not really an acceptable solution. It would take a tremendous amount of effort and in continuous rain. How often would I have to do this? Every few months?

I already had to reinitialize another #2-V3 camera. This v3 camera didn’t recognize a brand new card out of the box and the camera was also brand new out of the box. The solution of deleting and then re-joining the device worked - it recognized the card without having to reformat the sd card. I did not submit a case for #2 as I solved my own issue, but I worried if #1 would also suffer the same fate.

Cameras #1 and #2 have been running since 11/25/2020

I suspect it to be an issue with the V3 cameras not recognizing the physical card reader itself - as reinitializing the device itself makes the card reader and card visible?

1 Like

My ticket number is 82887.
When originally set up the Cam v3 recognized the SD card and worked. I removed the card to check the recordings. When re-inserted, I got the “card not available” message. Tried restarting/resetting the camera but still did not work.
Thanks.

1 Like

My ticket number is 82887.
When originally set up the Cam v3 recognized the SD card and worked. I removed the card to check the recordings. When re-inserted, I got the “card not available” message. Tried restarting/resetting the camera but still did not work.
Thanks.

What worked for me ultimately is reformat all of my microSD cards to Fat32. (Reinitializing the camera without formatting the cards didn’t work.) Had issues formatting anything larger than 32GB to Fat32 though without installing a free software to do that. That said, once I took the card out from one v3 camera to another v3 camera, I had to format it again before the new camera would recognize the card.

I did have to reinitialize the last camera that I put a Fat32 formatted card in for it to recognize the microSD card. So seems like need to do both for it to work.

2 Likes