Wyze cam v3 live view subscription

Hi,

I am planning to get Wyze Cam v3 and I only need it to view live views. I don’t need to save videos based on motion detection. All I need is to be able to see live view. In that case, with new changes, do I still need to get Cam Plus or any other subscription ?

Can you please let me know ? Thanks.

You don’t need any subscriptions to just use Live View and if you desire you can put a 32/64/128GB SD card in the camera and record events only or record continuous. You can play back the events on the SD card from the app. If you buy a new V3 you will probably get a free 2 week trial of Cam Plus, just don’t accept it or use it then let it expire.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply. By the way, is there some time limit on live view ?

Not that I know of. I’m sure someone who does it will provide better information since I have never done long time live view. What device are you going to view it on? Might be a large amount of data use involved?

2 Likes

There is no time limit. You can live view/stream as long as your cam, viewing device and WiFi are powered. I have a minimum of 9-13 cams streaming 24/7 and only interrupted when a firmware update is available.

2 Likes

@Seapup I’m curious how you keep the live view up for extended duration? Confirm you’re talking about the online Live stream - Wyze. That times out in about an hour (when I can get it to work at all).

If you’re talking about watching on a phone app, there is no time limit…

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion… All means to view a cam live are called “live streaming”. This topic is referencing live streaming in the context of Wyze app via phone/tablet which goes on over here 24/7 covering a hideous amount of feeds from 3 networks (this is 1/3 of the continuous displays):

Wyze has named live streaming via their web interface “Web View”:

I’m not sure what the live streaming limit is set to for Web View. I very rarely use it.

Does anyone know how many live streams I can have simultansly on wyze web view?
Thank you