Wyze cam v3 keeps disconnting yet still streams

I have followed multiple times the instructions to try and fix v3 cam. I have 2 v3 cams that keep disconnecting yet still stream… Wyze suggested solution does not work.

My cams used to do this as well: The cloud in the app but they would still live stream.

I fixed it with a router replacement to a super strong long range dual band router with a Mesh extender.

IoT IP Cams require a VERY robust 2.4Ghz network to maintain a constant connection. Cams will not behave well without it.

Thanks I will check this but funny my older Wyze V2 cams work perfect in the same home. I always have issues with the V3s.

1 Like

Each cam does have it’s own personality and affinity for WiFi. I have found that the V3 requires a rock solid WiFi connection and doesn’t do well with weak connections.

I have been informed that Wyze is investigating issues of cams that show as offline within the device list but still live stream.

They have requested that device logs be submitted, but NOT the same logs as are submitted thru the app with log numbers. They need the SD Card Cam Log files:

When the device shows offline but still live streams, please take out the microSD card and wait a second before re-inserting the card (or inserting a new microSD card). The camera will then make two “ding” sounds usually within 30 seconds. You can then remove that SD Card and read it in an external card reader on a computer.

On your microSD card, there will be a root or log folder with the device log file. The files are named as xxxxx_log.txt. If there are multiple logs, select the most recent log file.

When you have the log file, please email it along with a description of the issue and the date, time, and time zone that it occurred to:

microsdcardlogs@wyze.com

Had months of reliable viewing until recently and now at least 1 of the 6 cams go offline daily and never the same one. I’ve now put most of them outside on smart plugs I can power off/on without having to go out there and doing it. Cam plus/events sort of worthless if the cam is offline most of the day though.
Why is there not a feature to reboot the cam daily like many cams have? Usually they put this process in a way that the cam will still do it even if it is offline. Also noticed the V3 with floodlight and V3 pro with built in floodlight defaults to light on if the camera is fubar’d and needing unplugged for a minute.
Having the cam auto cycle every 12/24 hours would go a long way to resolving many complaints in this department.

All of my many cams have been on smart plugs for a very long time and all have an automated schedule for a rolling power cycle reboot daily. Coupled with a rock solid mesh WiFi network upgrade, I don’t have this issue any more.