Wyze Cam V3 keeps disconnecting (with error code 90)

I have 7 v3 cameras and all have been disconnecting/freezing during live stream, playback and events for over a month. Have disconnected/reconnected from power supply, reset and unplugged router, updated firmware. Never have any issues with our other devices such as iPad, laptops, streaming services, etc, so it doesn’t appear to be a problem with router or internet service. We have strong internet connection. Have been using Wyze cameras for about 3 yrs and this is the first time we’ve had this problem.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I started seeing this for over 6 months.
I had a cam2 that disconnected and I couldn’t get it reconnected.
I have one Camv3 and it’s working fine. I tried to connect a new one but it failed. Support said it was defective so they sent me another one and it failed too. It couldn’t find the network. My internet is fine.

1 Like

Error 90 is no internet connection, and from what I have reeds your wifi is not bad,I hope if your useing 2.4,5ghz. That they have sepert SSID.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I keep having to reset the device and go through the connection process every single time.
They really need to reconfigure the software so that it will automatically reconnect whenever this happens, otherwise it could go out and be out at a time when it is needed the most.

1 Like

Interesting I had 1 do that all I did is a hard re boot and it was back on line

I did that and it was fine for about 2 or 3 weeks then it had to be reset again when a Firmware update came due. Doing the hard reset works but it seems every time there is a firmware update it looses connectivity and will not reconnect until you hard reset it. I had no idea there was a firmware update because there were no messages or notices whatsoever. This shouldn’t happen every time there is a firmware update.

1 Like

I finally figured it out. It kept saying it couldn’t find the network of cannot connect to network.
On on I phone under WiFi I set it from 5ghz to 2.4ghz but my phone said it was unable to connect to 2.4ghz but I could connect to 5ghz. I have a Xfinity modem and this problem was pointing to it. I logged into the modem through the IP address and went to trouble shooting menu. There it gave me an option to restart the WiFi module instead of restarting the entire modem. It took about 90 seconds and after that I was able to connect both cameras.
I found it odd that restarting the modem wouldn’t correct it but it now makes sense the actual problem was coming from the module. Make sense?
I have separate ID’s for 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz. Never combine them. Xfinity claimed that by doing so they would be able to find the best channel. Hogwash! I tried that once and went back after a month because of the problems with speed loss.
I found the best speed on 2.4ghz is channel 6 and channel 157 on 5.0ghz. All the rest seem to be congested.

Copy we have over 67 cams at 5 sites,and never had that issue,it tells me it’s your settings in your router/wifi unit that does not like something

All the settings are fine. I have no issues with any other devices.
I’m glad I have an option to enter the router through the IP and church or change settings.
A lot of people are not as savvy and they are at the mercy of their providers when trying to figure out problems.
I’m sure there are better routers other than the one Xfinity provides. I’m on my third one.
I have my eyes on a Motorola that is comparable with Xfinity and may purchase it soon.

1 Like

All my settings are set just fine here as I have other devices connected to the same network and there are no issues.
I seriously think it is an issue with the firmware updates and my camera, as might be the issue with the OP’s camera also. I don’t expect every camera to have these same issues but there is bound to be an issue here and there with individual cameras.
EDIT: There’s a possibility it is an issue with Xfinity as like the OP I have the same ISP.

1 Like

The Motorola is not worth it as you get better updates and security by staying with the Xfinity router.
It is interesting to note that I am having somewhat the same issue as you and I have Xfinity. It might be an issue with the ISP that is causing the problems we are having.

The latest update caused this for me.

Same here.

We have no issues with over 87 cams

How nice for you.

1 Like

That also doesn’t mean that no one else will have issues with just one camera. Apparently there is an issue as it seems more and more people are reporting the same thing.

2 Likes

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please submit a device log after reproducing this issue again and post the log number here? Thank you.

1 Like

Absolutely. It just happened again after the latest update.

Also, this was buried in my emails. Can anyone explain this? It was sent to me on November 11 but said this happened on the 12th. How would wyzze know a day in advance that a new device logged in? And what device? I don’t know what they’re referring to.

I am guessing, it is saying “UTC” time zone. What is your time zone? Does that make sense?

1 Like