Wyze Cam v2 restarts every few minutes

I just setup my Wyze Cam v2 yesterday. It works fine for a few minutes then makes a clicking noise and restarts. The yellow LED comes on, changes to blue after a few minutes, stays blue for a few minutes and then, click, restarts. I saw some other folks were reporting a similar problem but they all had SD cards installed. I don’t have any SD cards installed.
Any pointers?
App: Android
Firmware version: 4.9.3.64 (latest)
App shows wifi signal strength: 75%

Edit: I have already tried factory reset and I still have the same issue.

Did you try to flash a different firmware?

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009490871-Camera-firmware-flashing-instructions

1 Like

Matt, that was my thought exactly. However… in my case, I’m already running the latest firmeware for the Wyze Cam v2, I understand I could go back, step by step (firmware version by version) until perhaps hitting on a version that was more stable, but then I consider I have 5 other v2 cams all running the latest firmware and I think therefore it’s more likely a hardware problem. Unless the firmware installation on this particular cam had some issue that was not caught by the hardware during that upgrade. I’m loving the product but can’t help but wonder if quality control might be an issue due to the low price. I’d be interested in seeing anyone else’s fix for the frequent restart issue and opinions/experiences re quality control? PS - I’ve also tried with/without memory card, different power cords and power ‘bricks’, different power strips and also no strip (plug directly into wall testing using different circuits around the house). The issue follows this particular Wyze Cam v2 piece of hardware.

Here are the Troubleshooting Guides. You can also run through the troubleshooting flow chart by clicking “Begin Troubleshooting” at the top of this page.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the previous website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

Thank you @DreadPirateRush

Steve R

1 Like

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I also have a new Cam V2 that is restarting every couple of minutes.

I’ve manually flashed up and down versions, I’ve tried different cables and power supplies but the problem persists. So the device is completely useless unless I can get this sorted. I opened a support ticket a few days ago but have heard nothing.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Any update as I have two wyzecam v2 and one works perfect no disconnects but my new second cam keeps resetting itself even with no sd card.

It’s bugging the hell out of me and I wonder if I have a hardware issue.