Wyze cam v2 failed to record event

I have that same issue with 2 of my cameras. I have them in 2 different houses. One is a pan that is in my garage with an sd card. The only fix I have found is to unplug the stuck camera and plug it back in, but it doesn’t stay fixed. The Wyze in the other house is pointed at the door from the house to get to the garage. It never catches anyone walking in or out. Both are fine live though. Can you think of anything else that would cause this other than the 12 second recording?

1 Like

Just an experiment, try cranking up to max the motion detection sensitivity and see if the camera will still miss and not record such events.

1 Like

Looking at my other camera’s events, it is evident that Internet connection was fine. That’s why I asked earlier if 5 minute cool off period is per camera or user, as another camera I had logged an event within the 5 minutes of me opening the door and driving into my garage.

I think it walks and sounds like a duck, let’s call it what it is, a bug.

I was wondering if the issue could be due to extreme light level change. Before the garage door starts to open, the camera is in the dark, so IR vision is active. As soon as the door starts to open the garage lights automatically light up. And now camera comes out of IR mode. May be the camera is treating it as a natural event, e.g light level changes due sun come out of clouds or such. So the event is ignored. But than after light level settle there is movement (I am driving in followed by I get out and walk). So this should trigger an event. But may be the camera has applied to 5 minute cool off for the extreme light level change even though it did not register it as an event. Hence a bug :slight_smile: Well we can speculate such things in absence of any insight from Wyze technical folks.

1 Like

Sorry, please don’t get me wrong, but I’m not depending that it’s not a bug or defect on the camera, just giving out opinions and speculation what could have cause the camera to fail and not do what it suppose to do. Now that you’ve given out more solid details on the bug that you want to capture, then its up to the Wyze team to amend a solution for this kind of event.

1 Like

Sorry @Kaloy, it was not directed at you. It is a mere observation.

Per @denverpen’s observation it may not be an isolated issue so I hope Wyze is paying attention. Or are we supposed to take that step?

Okay, no problem. I think you have to file a support request for Wyze to notice this problem promptly so they may include this on their on-giong investigations.

Attention @UserCustomerGwen hope our discussion here could be investigate and helps improve the development of the camera, thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thanks for tagging me in, Kaloy!

This is a pretty thorough investigation. My first thought would be issues with the camera’s connectivity with it being in a garage (I’ve found that it’s not always their favorite place).

Please send in logs through Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue and also contact our support team through the link Kaloy provided.

2 Likes

@fevzi, I have a cameras that see lights go on and off (via timer) every night and morning. And cameras hence going in and out IR mode. They record each and every event of these VERY bright changes (totally floods the camera sensor for a second or two) w/o any issues.

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in Gwendolyn. ! And thanks @Kaloy for tagging you! The camera reports 85-90% for WiFi signal. And it is about 30 feet from the WiFi router with one wall in between. I have another Wyze Camera V2 that is over 150 feet away from the same router, with 2 walls and another structure in between and yet that camera connects quickly to the app and never seems to miss an event.

Here is the other odd behavior, The camera in the garage shows ‘offline’ on the app when I start the app. I then go to live view on that camera, it takes 10-60 seconds before the camera starts streaming. Then I go back to home page and force refresh, but the app still shows that camera ‘offline’! This happens all the time. At one time, having live streamed and forced refresh on the home page a few times, I got it to show a recent frame from that camera instead of ‘offline’. But after a little while, when I start the app. it goes back to ‘offline’ again. So it feels like camera is having connectivity problems but given the signal strength I am not sure what can be causing this.

Yesterday, I did file a support request for this and included the logs. But I think I forgot to mention this thread.

2 Likes

@fevzi, I’m not sure, but try to manual firmware flash the camera, just maybe something was corrupted on the system, not sure though, but probably no harm trying.

1 Like

Mine is doing the same thing…

1 Like

@fevzi, you’re welcome!

The IoT connectivity impacts things like the ability to turn on/off your Wyze Cam and change its settings. That’s a different set of connectivity than streaming video and uploading Events. That’s why you can sometimes get the live stream to work again by rebooting the camera through the app. But this also means that it isn’t the best indicator for situations like this.

I did update the firmware on this camera after I received it, using the app. I can try a manual flash. Seems easy enough.

I am not having any problems with my Internet connection. I have other cameras that are working fine and uploading/sending email alerts. I hope the logs I sent when I filed a support request will shed some light on the issue.

1 Like

I hope so, too! Have you heard from support yet?